JJob Title: Director, UCS I/O Software Development Engineering
The person that we are looking for :
- Position reports to the VP of Engineering for Virtualization and UCS I/O Engineering
- Manage the UCS I/O Engineering Development Organization with 30+ reports in US and 15+ engineers in India
- Software development responsibilities include current and future generations of Cisco Virtual Interface Card, 3rd party network and storage adapters and storage solutions on both the UCS-B series (Blade servers) as well as UCS-C series (Rack servers)
- Responsible for industry leading innovations like FCOE, VM-FEX, SR-IOV, VM DirectPath ...
- Software development activity includes firmware on Cisco's custom built ASICs, drivers on various operating systems, hypervisor modules, kernel modules and user space application
- Deliver networking and storage solutions (including ethernet and FC/FCOE drivers) on RHEL, Suse, Oracle UEK/OVM/Solaris, VMware, Windows, Hyper-V, KVM and Xen
- Work closely with ASIC, Board, QA and Marketing teams
- Encourage innovation in the organization and deliver to market innovations in the area of Network Interface virtualization, Storage and networking and network services on the adapters
- Sr. Mgr/Director with experience managing development teams of at least 25 engineers
- NOT interested in application development/management systems development experience
- Experience in the Storage or the Adapter industry
- Experience in the Server Industry, as long as the person has the relevant experience in the storage and/or adapters developing drivers etc.
- Strong technical inclination (backgrounds with architect/technical leaders in previous positions is a strong plus)
- Managing off-shore teams is a plus
- MS/PhD preferred with 15+ years of experience
Cisco Systems - 14 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...