Job Order: J0113-0682 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Visa Team Lead - Washington DC
Category: Consulting / Business / Functional
City: Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States
Job Description: Visa Team Lead - Washington DC
Under the direct supervision of the Contract Management Team, the Visa Team Lead will be responsible for all Visa Specialist duties and assist the Processing Manager with the management of workload in all Visa task areas.
For all task areas, lead will notify supervisor immediately of any problems or issues with staff adherence to procedures, any internal controls violations. Team lead will make supervisor aware of any observations which could improve the process. Assist with training in all areas. Monitor workload, discuss with supervisor how to divide work among staff and let supervisor know when completed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The team lead could be assigned to assist the Processing Manager, as requested, with any of the following tasks:
In addition to the tasks listed above, and specific areas below, the VISA TLA will provide support in other projects and tasks as required by management.
- Provide guidance to the team, based on management's direction
- Report Internal Controls/Standard Operating Procedures violations to the contract supervisor
- Identify and take action on important cases
- Handle spill over phone calls
- Complete walking and or emergency runs
- Schedule all vehicle maintenance
- Maintain vehicle logs
- Organize and monitor visa runs
- Monitor processing times for all embassies
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of accurate and current information on all foreign visa requirements, keeping office informed on pertinent matters.
- Update closures and embassy SOP changes
- Update the Visa database daily and report issues
- Train new contract staff with the assistance of the Visa Unit Chief
- Keep the Visa Unit Supervisor informed of task accomplishment, issues and status
- Possess knowledge of the locations and hours of operation for all foreign embassies and consulates in the city of Washington, DC.
- Assist as needed in staffing shortage.
Sign for the Mail in the Mornings
Check various reports as requested by supervisor
Prepare shipments to Citigroup (paperclips, bags, sleeves) on Weds.
Maintain boxes (express, expedite, routine)
Maintain batch boxes (green, blue, yellow, red, odd)
Create Date and Day tags
Scan according to oldest date first (1st in 1st out)
Prioritizing the Will Call thru Routine work each day
Ensuring that the Green, Blue, Red, and Orange boxes are complete
Pulling applications for Adjudication Supervisors & maintain a log or other tracking of pulled applications
Delivery of Work to Adjudication
Assist with the prioritizing and delivery of applications to the correct adjudication location (will call, etc.)
Ensure Will Calls are moving thru to QC
Pull applications that Adjudication Supervisors need & maintain a log, or other tracking of pulled apps
Assist with ribbon and foil change
Bring any internal controls questions or issues or other problems directly to Supervisor's attention immediately
Monitor staff in QC and let supervisor know if there is any deviation from the process in QC for checking the following:
o Printed Data
o Checking Pre-paid Delivery (P-189)
o Placement of same day will calls, expedites, routines and courier batches
Pull Old Applications using PRISM
Pull File for Corrections
Pull File for ReIssues
Pull File for Refunds
Pull File for Refiles
Completing all Doc Prep daily
Complete all PRISM Scanning
Complete all IQA
Approve IQA to BOX
Research in Accession Manager
BOX the completed IQA Batches
Create and Maintain Prism Boxes
Storage Room and Shipments
Maintain the storage room
Prepare boxes for Shipments
Complete the shipments
Load new Accession Numbers
Request new numbers as needed
Train staff on Prism functions
Maintain PRISM backlog within 2-3 days.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Competencies:
Two (2) years of office experience.
Education: A high school degree or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Capable of doing repetitive tasks such as lifting, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing and reading.
- Good data entry skills..
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship Required.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Competencies:
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
- Four year degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Passport Agency, performing passport processing functions
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an environment involving personal computer hardware and software, including local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs). At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
About CGI Group
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading...