Evaluate information systems and operating procedures to ensure they are in compliance with company policy and general Information Technology Governance principles. Perform work assignments associated with the Information Technology and operational aspects of the company based on risk assessments and priorities established by and under the direction of the Audit Services Manager.
• Participate in audits of various departments, locations, and processes to verify compliance of operations with prescribed plans, policies and procedures.
• Create information systems audit programs, work papers, and audit reports to address information systems processes, consistency of processing and protection of the organization
• Assess business risks and evaluates the effectiveness of controls at the network, operating system database and application level.
• Complete audit program steps utilizing COSO and COBIT objectives and components that address operational, compliance and information technology activities.
• Utilize AutoAudit software to document audit procedures performed and maintain support documentation to ensure compliance with Audit Services Division Standards.
• Work with IS management to resolve audit issues, recommend cost savings, reduce exposure and implement internal controls to reduce risk
• Identify and research suggested improvements to areas being audited in order to reduce risk, improve compliance with related rules and regulations or ensure efficient utilization of company resources.
• Monitor audit projects and communicate the status of these projects to the Audit Services Manager.
• Make recommendations for improvements and modifications to systems and procedures of area audited.
• Assist in follow up audit procedures to ensure accurate and timely implementation of agreed upon recommendations.
• Assist in performing the appropriate audit work and providing the required documentation for the public accounting firm in association with the annual SAS70, SOX, FDIC, and other compliance audits.
• Assist other members of the Audit Services Division in completing assignments as needed.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with members of functional management.
• Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork and exhibit a positive professional image.
• Issue concise draft audit reports to management, which present IS audit findings, management responses and resolution of issues for final review by the Manager of Audit Services
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Four year college degree in Information Systems or Technology related field required
• One to two years IS audit experience, or two years technical experience preferred
Key Skills, Qualifications and Traits (E=Essential, P=Preferred):
• E-Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, organizational and oral/written communication skills
• E-Self-directed, and able to work independently
• E-Proven ability to meet goals and work at a high performance level
• E-Ability to work within a team environment, skilled at interacting with internal and external personnel
• E-Word processing and spreadsheet skills
• E-Commitment to customer service
• P-High degree of literacy in relation to auditing standards, internal controls, and internal audit activities
• P-High degree of literacy in information system processes, PC’s, end-user computing controls, website controls, systems development, EDI, LAN, Internet, firewalls, and audit software
Some travel may be required.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet - 20 months ago