Planned Parenthood of Northern New England |
provides comprehensive reproductive health care to men, women and teens at 20 health centers throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. Our mission is to provide, promote, and protect access to reproductive health care and sexuality education so that all people can make voluntary choices about their reproductive and sexual health. We are your sexual health experts. Nothing will freak us out.
Our health center in St. Albans, Vermont is currently looking for an administrative volunteer. The primary responsibility of the administrative volunteer is to help front staff direct patient traffic in the health center, with the goal of keeping staff available to focus energy on patient care. This may include: filing, pulling charts, data entry, and other various administrative tasks as needed. Secondary responsibilities may include answering the security door, directing patients to sign-in, tidying the waiting area, or taking other direction from staff as needed. This is a great opportunity for those who want to work directly with the staff of Planned Parenthood and get a better understanding of how a health center runs. The work of the volunteer will directly impact the staff’s ability to provide prompt and exceptional care to our patients! Volunteer should have flexible availability, preferably Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday, and be able to make a minimum commitment of 6 months. Volunteers typically cover 1-2 shifts each week (around 2-4 hours per shift).
- Organizes patient files
- Preps patient charts
- Data entry
- Welcoming and signing patients in
- General upkeep of the lobby and patient rooms
- Regular updates of patient room forms
- Other administrative responsibilities as assigned
- An interest in reproductive health care, and women's issues
- Commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Knowledge of and comfort with all services provided by PPNNE
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Computer literate, with emphasis on Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work professionally in an health center environment and as a team
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Flexibility, initiative, creative thinking, and a willingness to learn required
- Must show up on time and as scheduled
Planned Parenthood - 11 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...