The Program Director works closely with the Vice President of Workforce Development to monitor and provide support to all GIRE Workforce programs, managers and staff. Contributes to client success by being responsive to the needs and objectives of GIRE clients, staff, funding agencies, and the local business community.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION TITLE: Programs Director
DEPARTMENT: Workforce Development
1. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Working closely with the Vice President of Workforce Development, monitor and provide support to all GIRE Workforce programs, managers and staff. Contribute to client success by being responsive to the needs and objectives of GIRE clients, staff, funding agencies, and the local business community.
2. PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Workforce Development managers and identified staff.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Working with the Vice President, maintain collaborative relationships with partners, community-based organizations, educational institutions, businesses, and employment and training organizations to determine employment needs and increase client placement opportunities.
- Assist with the development and launch of new programs, including assisting with the development of needed materials and hiring of staff.
- Assist the department with outreach activities to meet program, grant and budget requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of annual Program Budgets.
- Work with individual Program Managers to manage their programs within budget.
- Ensure that services are operated in accordance with GIRE, contractual, CARF, and other relevant standards.
- Oversee the maintenance of all mandated, relevant Outcome and Performance Measurement systems and reports.
- Oversee the departments required input to the Annual Report, Website, etc.
- Prepare written reports as required.
- Review, develop and maintain required departmental policies, procedures and forms.
- Participate effectively as part of the Management Team, providing input and making recommendations on a strategic departmental level.
- Conduct self in a professional and ethical manner.
- Take the lead in the preparation for the CARF Survey.
- Other duties as assigned.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT: You will experience a clean, carpeted office environment, with overhead lightning, and occasional exposure to moderate noise levels (i.e. office machines).
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with a Human Services major, or equivalent experience that would provide the leadership skills and understanding of human services needed to excel in the job.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in Human Services, or Program Administration.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience.
- Proven superior leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of educational, government, and social service agencies and programs, and current best practices and trends in the workforce development field with an emphasis on the employment of persons with significant barriers to employment.
- Ability to identify, implement, and monitor effective outcome measurement systems.
- Ability to compile and analyze data in a meaningful format.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with diverse populations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively with consumers, government, education, and community based organizations.
- Valid California Drivers License, adequate auto insurance, reliable transportation, and an acceptable DMV report.
6. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: You will be sitting, standing, and walking intermittently through the work shift. You will be using fine finger movements, and occasional gross, manual dexterity. You need to have close and distant vision capabilities. Vehicle travel is required.
7. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Vice President of Workforce Development
Goodwill - Redwood Empire - 20 months ago