The Licensed Practical Nurse administers nursing care according to the plan of care to terminally ill patients admitted to the VITAS program, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- Provides direct skilled bedside nursing care.
- Evaluates patient /family needs in the preparation and executions of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient on the team and the effectiveness of treatments and monitors patients reactions.
- Performs selected acts in care of the terminally ill under the direct supervision of a registered nurse; such acts include the administration of treatments and medications.
- Participates in Nurse LPN on- call rotation/schedule in order to meet the needs of patients and families.
- At least one year, preferably two years of satisfactory nursing experience and at least one year in a hospital on which is an LPN/LVN in a hospital on an adult medical surgical unit.
- Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse where the VITAS program is located.
- Completion of course of study as required acquiring state licensure.
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical/Vocational nursing.
VITAS® Healthcare, a pioneer and leader in the hospice movement since 1978, is the nation’s largest provider of end-of-life care....