ABOUT THE COMPANY:
microDATA, a TCS company, was established in 1983 and has been providing 9-1-1 software and services to counties and states across the USA longer than any other system provider in the 9-1-1 industry. We are a 9-1-1 solutions company specializing in developing and supporting critical 9-1-1 software products. Next Generation 9-1-1 relies on IP and GIS technologies, and microDATA's solution, an IP based map-centric call handling/CPE and ESInet solutions. Our products, built on IP and GIS, are developed to answer the calls from standard and emerging technologies such as text messaging or streaming video to get critical 9-1-1data to the right people fast.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Seeking a highly motivated GIS Software Developer to work on Enhanced 9-1-1 Software Products. Responsibilities include supporting and enhancing the current suite of software. Will also aid in the support of existing products, while engineering and designing new products that align with emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will be technology driven, a team player, and not afraid of a challenge .
- Utilize VB.NET, SQL Server 2005/2008, and ESRI tools to develop 9-1-1 software in an agile environment.
- Develop and engineer new industry leading products using the latest ArcGIS Runtime within a Microsoft PRISM framework.
- Enhance and maintain existing VB.NET GIS applications using ArcGIS Engine and ArcGIS Desktop.
- Apply defined practice/procedures to design, implement, test, deploy, and support software projects.
- Lead the technical effort to design, develop, and test new and existing GIS applications.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle and geospatial applications, including gathering and analyzing requirements, designing mockups and developing rapid prototypes, full development, testing and application maintenance.
- Provide geospatial software development support using ESRI ArcGIS Web/ArcObjects API products to integrate geospatial information into applications typically correlating large data sets using open-standard such as SDSFIE 2.6 and 3.0.
- Work closely with staff to design and develop software components for the management, manipulation, analysis and display of a wide variety of data and support the creation and update of geospatial data/metadata using the ArcGIS suite of tools.
- Build effective and collaborative working relationships with team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Management Information Systems, Engineering, GIS, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience developing spatial software applications.
- 2-3 Years of programming experience using .NET and Visual Studio.
- 3+ Years of experience and strong understanding of GIS technology.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 10%.
- Familiar with ESRI ArcGIS technology stack and Arc Objects.
- Familiar with GIS Consortium standards.
- 1+ years demonstrable experience developing enterprise solutions with ArcGIS Server 9.x or 10.x.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, or 2012.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to independently make accurate and timely decisions.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast growing environment.
- Self-Starter, energetic and motivated contributor.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team, on several concurrent tasks with changing priorities.
- Prior experience with ArcGIS Runtime a plus.
- Understanding of 9-1-1 systems a plus.
- Basic knowledge of WPF, Silverlight, and/or XAML a plus.
- Experience working with MVVM or PRISM a plus.
- Experience using TFS (Team Foundation Server) or VSS (Visual Source Safe) a plus.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Telecommunication Systems - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard