The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, DHHS is the nations premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
This position is being filled through the Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply.
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
This position is located in the Office of Operations, Office of Finance, Budget, and Acquisitions, Office of Acquisitions & Grants Services, Jefferson, AR.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Background investigation is required.
- Maybe required to serve a one (1) year probationary period.
- Be sure to read the "How To Apply" Section for all required documents.
- No relocation bonus
- No recruitment bonus
Conducts negotiations, evaluating requirements and developing contract terms and conditions.
Responsible for all pre award and post ward functions on contracts nearly all of which are complex. Acquisitions include cost, reimbursements, cost sharing and fixed price type contracts.
Responsible for unique requirement which by their nature are indefinite except for general objectives and offer no clear basis or precedent for resolutions of varied problems encountered.
Acquisitions include competitive, sole source and unsolicited actions.
Provides guidance within area of expertise.
Implements acquisition policies and procedures issued by various Federal organizations, as well as by the Department, Public Health Service and Agency.
Serves as a resource for other specialist, especially on aspects relating to policies and procedures within area expertise.
May represent supervisor in meetings, in absence of supervisor.
In order to qualify for the GS-12 based on experience, applicants must meet both the Basic Requirement and Specialized Experience as stated below:
Basic Requirement for the GS-12
A. 4 year course of study leading to a bachelors degree with a major in any field. OR
B. At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields; accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. OR
C. Exception: Employees in GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. Employees who occupy GS 1102 positions at the grades GS 9 through 12 will be considered to meet the basic requirements for other GS-1102 positions up to and including those classified at the GS 12. This includes positions at other agencies and promotions up through the GS 12.However, employees must meet specialized experience requirements when seeking another position.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level of responsibility in Federal service that has equipped you with the specific knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform in this position.Specialized experience includes providing leadership and direction to a staff in the area of contracting and acquisitions.
Specialized experience includes performing administrative functions as it relates to contracting and acquisitions. Experience establishing procurement plans, identifying and establishing milestones for acquisitions, and monitoring program compliance. Experience preparing synopsis, determining contents and preparing solicitation documents. Experience preparing competitive range determinations; establish negotiation position for technical aspects and all cost issues. Experience ensuring contractor compliance with provisions and performance, timely submission of technical progress reports making period visits, detecting and correcting labor standards violations.
Drug testing not required
Bargaining unit position
Some travel required
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov .
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees . Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit http://www.opm.gov/employ/direct_hire/index.asp .
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of acquisition principles, policies, regulations and procedures.
2. Knowledge of various types of contracts.
3. Ability to communicate orally.
4. Ability to communicate in writing.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc .
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see http://www.usajobs.gov/Veterans .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov ).
For information on "People with Disabilities" please visit http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Drug testing not required
Bargaining unit position
Some travel required
Indian Health Service's mission is to provide health care and related services for American Indian and Alaska Natives, as well as their...