As a senior leader within the Global Infrastructure Technology & Operations (GITO) organization, responsible for managing the team charged with architecting, engineering, designing, and supporting the Wide Area Network (MPLS); Local Area Networks; Voice Technologies (VoIP and analog); Call Center Technologies; Network Security including firewalls: IDS/IDP, packet shaping and traffic management and all supporting switching and routing across 130+ locations and networks within in the production and non-production data center environments across U.S. institutions. In addition, accountable for global data and voice strategy, planning, project delivery, and operational escalated support. Plans and manages related budgets for area, including staff related, outside services, maintenance and capital. Provides technical leadership to successfully develop and execute the associated technology road map strategy. Maintains relationships with key technology partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Completes other duties as assigned.
- Develop and lead a high performance staff by establishing group and individual staff goals, balancing priorities and work assignments to ensure service levels are met and projects are completed successfully.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and reviews the work plan for assigned staff; assigns work activities, projects, and programs; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned personnel; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements discipline and termination procedures.
- Provides global leadership (including any indirect management) and and integrates other brand staff (Carrington/Ross/Brasil) requirements and needs into a DeVry Inc wide plan.
- Assumes management responsibility for the MPLS network, Cisco based VoIP environment, legacy analog environment (currently being replaced), Juniper Firewalls and other related security technologies and service in both production and non-production environments.
- Responsible for technology planning; capacity planning; and design and configuration standards across 130 locations and 30 indirect locations (such as environments across all U.S. institutions.
- In addition, accountable for global data and voice strategy, planning, project delivery, and operational escalated support.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring engineering and call center scripting resources are assigned to project efforts related to the technology areas and project work activities are executed to plan and quality expectations for 7 major locations, 30 Student Central locations and approximately 2,500 agents.
- Ensures the availability of network services; monitors network operations to identify performance and capacity issues; monitors systems to control and support network traffic; identifies utilization and performance issues; makes recommendations to enhance network performance; including planning for capacity to support strategic direction.
- Establishes monitoring standards and associated measurements.
- Works collaboratively with peer groups and teams to establish Business Service Level Objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommends, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Drives to achieve Service Level Objectives, restoring service in the event of service failure, identifying root cause of failure and implementing recommended root cause actions to prevent future service interruptions.
- Participates in the development and administration of assigned Division’s annual budget; participates in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures; implements adjustments.
- Works within and with other departments to define appropriate strategies for improving processes and procedures, develops and implements changes and improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years of experience in large scale infrastructure engineering and delivery of WAN/LAN and data center networking, telephony and call center services with 3+ in a leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience required.
- Proven experience in leading and managing complex enterprise level multi site networks supporting data and voice in similar high availability platform environments; MPLS, Cisco IPT, Cisco Switching, Juniper security.
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing and configuring similar high availability platform environments and establishing documented standards
- 2+ years staff leadership experience including hiring, developing and managing staff performance.
- Firm understanding of computer security technology and policy, and internal and external audit controls compliance.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment, work in cross-functional collaborative teams and implement organizational change management.
- 3+ years experience in managing significant vendor partnerships with tier-1 technology vendors.
- Proven experience is successfully delivering infrastructure to support demanding business project time lines and quality standards.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
As one of the largest degree-granting higher education systems in North America, DeVry University provides high-quality, career-oriented...