Job Summary: P erforms a wide variety of technical tasks in support of specific Melaleuca new or existing products under the supervision of the R&D chemist. These tasks are highly specific and usually require the use of quantitative methods and the application of technical judgment by the R&D technician and the R&D chemist. Prepare samples of trial compositions according to directions as specified on worksheets and determine viscosity and pH. Prepare data summaries using appropriate mathematical and statistical tools available in Microsoft Excel and other computer applications. Assist chemists in preparing and entering Bill of Materials (BOM) and other electronic forms to support Purchasing, QA and Operations.
1. Good interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to handle confidential information.
2. Chemistry background and/or laboratory experience preferred.
7. One year of high school courses (chemistry or biology) are recommended.
3. Use technical manuals such as CTFA Dictionary, US Pharmacopoeia, supplier literature, etc.
8. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred.
4. Visually read bottles, product, batch numbers, etc.
5. Good math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, etc.).
9. Knowledge of commonly used lab instruments (e.g. pH meter, viscometer).
Melaleuca - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Melaleuca grows its sales from the ground up. Deriving its name from the tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), the company is a leading...