The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Omaha, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
We have an opening in our Omaha, NE office for a Claims Assistant. The Claims Assistant assists Claim Professionals with the management of workers compensation claims.
- Assist with preparation and submission of mandatory state reports and notifications.
- Collect pertinent claim information from medical providers, including medical records, work abilities, and appointment information.
- Prepare claim files for referral to outside parties such as nurse case managers, vocational counselors, med-legal examiners, and attorneys.
- Secure past claim activity through ISO reports and seek prior claim information from past carriers.
- Prepare and send correspondence to various recipients at the direction of the Claim Professional.
- Document file notes with pertinent information in a clear, easily understood manner.
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with Company standards, training, and supervisory direction.
- Foster a positive and close working relationship with other Company staff, including medical management, special investigations, legal, nurse case management, the call center, client services, marketing, and underwriting.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or technical school; or at least six months of relevant experience and training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays