Our Washington D.C. office is currently in search of an experienced sale professional with strong relationship building skills. Sales Representatives must be extremely productive, demonstrate the ability to prioritize, be proficient building relationships over the phone and via e-mail, and work well in a team environment.
We are seeking an experienced-level Inside Sales Professional with responsibility for all client activity as it relates to exhibit booth, sponsorship, and a la carte sales-driving revenue and association growth while providing excellent customer services in a fast paced, multi-client environment.
Base pay will vary dependent on level of experience and includes a competitive commission structure.
- Consistently closing sales prospects
- Preparing activity and forecast reports for tracking sales progress against goals
- Working in a team environment to ensure that the sales collateral represents the offerings to be sold
- Building relationships with targeted companies/organizations through use of phone calls and e-mails
- Attending client or competing events, as needed, to pre-sell for future events and/or build business relationships
- Working on simultaneous goals/priorities as well as multiple client deliverables effectively and efficiently
- Developing and maintaining good working business relationships within a multi-client environment
- Researching and learning industry-specific terminology and expertise
Who we are: SmithBucklin is a professional services company specializing in Association Management. We are the world's largest association management company, founded in 1949. The company provides full-service management and outsourcing services to trade associations, professional societies, technology user groups, corporations, government institutes/agencies and other nonprofit organizations. SmithBucklin's mission is to drive growth for its client organizations and provide uncompromised stewardship for their long-term prosperity. SmithBucklin offices are located in Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, St. Louis, MO and St. Paul, MN. The SmithBucklin MCI Worldwide Partnership provides client organizations with seamless association and event management services from more than 40 offices throughout the world. SmithBucklin is 100 percent employee owned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college/university preferred
- 2-5 years of sales experience (trade show exhibit booth and sponsorship sales preferred)
- Other media sales such as magazine advertising, online web sales and other digital sales a plus
- Must have successful experience developing prospect targets and follow up execution to develop leads leveraging a solid sales process
- Demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong research skills (Hoover's, Lexis Nexus, Internet, Industry Trade publications etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong analytical and creative skills
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, e-mail, PowerPoint, spreadsheet analysis and contact relationship databases (ACT preferred)
- Travel as needed to conference and client meetings (2-4 weeks expected annually)
SmithBucklin provides Sales Services worldwide through the expertise of our professionals who manage every facet and detail of the sales process to drive growth for our client organizations through the sales of their assets. The sales professional will work individually and in a team environment and be responsible for understanding our client organization's industries; prospecting for appropriate companies to exhibit and/or sponsor; outreach through telephone, e-mail and in-person meetings to build relationships; creative solution presentations; and maintain and grow client organization relationships. Annually, SmithBucklin provides sales services for more than 80 of SmithBucklin client organizations with a budget revenue expectation that exceeds $25 million through the sales of exhibits and sponsorships at trade shows; year-round partner programs; and a la carte offerings (print/electronic advertising; Web site banner ads; regional conferences; and other products as identified by the organization). Our goal is to work closely with a client organization's leaders to identify the proper sales strategies to ensure that the organization has a diversified revenue stream that grows annually.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D
Our people make a meaningful difference in a wide range of diverse industries and professions, helping our client organizations achieve...