Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Vice President for Research, the Assistant Vice President for Research Compliance has responsibility for the strategic leadership, management, and coordination of research compliance operations across all eight campuses of Indiana University. This position ensures that all areas of research compliance, including Human Subjects IRBs, IACUCs, Clinical Research Compliance, Regulatory Project Management, Export Controls, Conflict of Interest, Institutional Biological Safety, and Radiation Safety are operationally integrated and coordinated.
• Oversees the establishment, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the University’s research compliance policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with all governmental and institutional requirements.
• Ensures that research compliance functions are operationally integrated and coordinated so that researchers are supported by service-oriented employees.
• Identifies areas of risk and provides leadership to eliminate or manage areas of non-compliance.
• Directs operations, oversees budgets and expenditures and the allocation of resources.
• Implements best practices in the safe and ethical conduct of research.
• Represents the University to external agencies and constituents.
• Establishes effective communication with University administration, researchers, faculty and staff.
• Serves on University-wide research compliance committee(s).
• Serves as resource and counsel to administration and the research community to maximize compliance.
• Stays abreast of evolving compliance regulations and priorities, strategically aligns the compliance functions of IU, and ensures that the University meets both its current and future obligations in research compliance.
Office of the Vice President for Research, Indiana University Indiana University is a multi-campus research university, including core campuses in Bloomington and Indianapolis, and regional campuses in Fort Wayne, Gary, Kokomo, New Albany, Richmond, and South Bend. The Office of the Vice President for Research, http://www.iu.edu/~vpr/, provides leadership for excellence in research across all campuses and disciplines. The Research Cabinet includes the Associate Vice President and Vice Provost for Research (Indiana University, Bloomington), the Associate Vice President and Vice Chancellor for Research (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis), the Associate Vice President and Executive Associate Dean for Research (Indiana University School of Medicine), the Associate Vice President for Research Administration, the Assistant Vice President for Research Compliance, and the Assistant Vice President and Director, Indiana Clinical Translational Sciences Initiative. The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and analyze complex research compliance issues and risks, provide leadership, build consensus and communicate effectively. Must be able to effectively manage shifting priorities and multiple projects and demands.
Candidates for the position of Assistant Vice President for Research Compliance must have a Juris Doctorate (JD) or Masters degree, and at least seven years relevant experience in health care or research compliance including high-level interactions with government agencies, faculty and staff; supervisory experience is required. The incumbent must have an in-depth knowledge of and experience with Federal and state compliance regulations, laws, polices, and procedures as well as experience in a leadership role at an academic or research-industrial enterprise, or federal agency.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and a resume including the names and contact information for three professional references.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Posted on Bloomington campus - OLA 7928.
Indiana University - 18 months ago