The world is changing. Join the Riverlution! At Riverbed, we bring the world closer together so every person and every company can find the fastest way to the possible. Imagine if you could run applications up to 100 times faster over your WAN, reduce network traffic by up to 95%, and collaborate anywhere as if you were in the same room- you can!|
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Product Marketing who will be responsible for developing and executing on the marketing strategy around Riverbed Stingray products. You’ll be chartered to deliver every element of outward-bound communication, including strategic messaging, product launches, training, sales engagements, and more. Success will be measured by the ability to drive market adoption, customer awareness, partner co-marketing and thought leadership.
This position will have a very heavy focus on cross-functional engagement, coordination, sales and channel engagement, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on creator of content, including fine-tuned messaging, presentations, whitepapers, and more.
Product marketing has a critical role in driving a product successfully into market. The Senior Manager of Product Marketing will be responsible for the following project areas:
1. Strategic positioning. You’ll work with the field, partners, and analysts to position our products not only on the high level but also around individual new technologies or features that we bring to market. You will also remain apprised of the competitive landscape, market trends and dynamics, and reflect in marketing plans accordingly.
2. Product Launches. As a young product line in a fast-moving space, Riverbed regularly launches new products or version updates. We need someone who can own and lead cross-functional teams to execute best-in-class, timely launches and initiatives, and help customers, press, and analysts understand why what we’re doing is valuable to the market.
3. Content creation. You will be responsible for creating the messaging and core tools that are used across direct marketing, field marketing, sales engagements, and channel marketing, including collateral, presentations, whitepapers, field/partner enablement tools and other deliverables as appropriate.
4. Marketing lead. Your primary responsibility will be to own and lead product marketing activities for the Stingray Traffic Manager (STM) product. STM is a full-featured software and virtual ADC that provides application reliability, availability, offload, security, scripting and much more. Stingray is a new breed of ADC that is natively designed for virtualization and cloud portability and can be easily integrated into an application stack. Being software is offers extreme flexibility in a range of deployment environments, whether in a physical, virtual or cloud environment. Net benefits include a faster user experience, increasing server efficiency by up to 3x and boosting the throughput of application servers by up to 50 percent, while at the same time reducing response times through advanced features dynamic caching, and both local and global load balancing. In addition to your core product responsibility, you will contribute to the product marketing activities that support the overall Stingray product line.
• 5+ years of experience in Product Marketing in a high tech environment
• Deep experience with virtualization, application infrastructure and web performance technologies
• Impeccable written and oral communication skills, including creating written content
• Preparation of sales tools and customer-ready material
• Presenting at conferences/seminars and customer engagements
• Proven success in taking multiple products to launch and beyond.
• Strong technical, organizational, analytical and execution skills.
• Creativity to create new sales tools from scratch and evolve them over time
• A blend of technical understanding and the ability to deliver the right high-level message
• Driven, self-motivated, and always looking for ways to improve on our current marketing efforts
• Ability to drive projects through to completion, cooperating and coordinating with many other groups within the
• Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced business environment.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. is a San Francisco company (near CalTrain, Muni and BART), with excellent salary, options and benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. The position can be based in either Riverbed’s San Francisco headquarters location or at its large satellite office in Sunnyvale, CA. On-site presence in the San Francisco office a minimum of approximately two days per week is required.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. - 17 months ago