Field Service Technician II (Job Number: 322070)
SAIC currently has a job opening for a Field Service Technician II supporting our Systems and Technology Solutions Business Unit’s Virtual Division (Orlando based) in Fort Lewis, WA.
Candidate will be expected to perform daily tasks involved in the installation, integration, modification, repair and testing of the Virtual Clearance Training Suite (VCTS) and individual VCTS subsystems.
Candidate will perform technical tasks to include systems and equipment assembly and installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation, and checkout to ensure proper working order. He/She will provide technical expertise, troubleshoot and repair computer systems in a networked environment.
Candidate will follow test methods and perform operational tests using standard test equipment to isolate equipment start-up malfunctions and take corrective action. He/She will prepare daily logs and reports work performed.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree or a graduate of military basic and advanced communication courses and a minimum of four (4) years of practical experience in the assembly, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation and checkout of computer systems are required. High school diploma or GED and nine (9) years of relevant experience may be substituted.
- Candidate must be able to use hand tools, power tools, and electronic test equipment
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions for routine and new assignments.
- He/She must be able to interpret technical manuals, handbooks, schematics, sketches, and technical specifications related to computer systems and interfaces.
- He/She must have knowledge of computer operating systems (Microsoft Windows) and TCP/IP networks.
- He/She must be able to perform multiple task in a highly dynamic and deadline and deadline-driven environment
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to simultaneously work quickly and accurately
- Must have the knowledge and experience to be able to handle common job events with minimal assistance.
- Must be a self starter; able to work with other team members to accomplish team objectives on schedule.
- Must have a high energy level, flexibility and able to handle pressure and changing deadlines.
- Must be able to work additional hours as required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- A+, Network+, and Linux+ Certifications.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 12, 2013, 3:31:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-WA-LEWIS MCCHORD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 10 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...