Formal Education / Training:
High school diploma or equivalent.
1 year of clerical office experience
Equipment and Skills Training:
Telephone, Meditech computer system, Passport insurance verification system, Valco scanning software, label and armband printers, copiers, Healthstream on-line education system, PBX console
Office in all areas pertinent to position.
Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
Efficient oral and written communication
Prolonged sitting, consistent keyboard and terminal usage
Standing, bending, walking
The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently.
Ability to push wheelchairs
1. Greet patient /visitors promptly, courteously and maintain eye contact demonstrating attentiveness and determining the reason for visit.
2. Maintain open line of communication at all times with the registrars to coordinate continuous movement of all patient types.
3. Consistently enters accurate patient information in the Reception tracker of the EDM Meditech module. Assist patient with patient information form, if needed. Completely documents required information on ER patient log.
4. Consistently checks FaxCert for Outpatient/Inpatient orders.
5. Consistently and promptly notifies triage nurse of patient arrival
6. Demonstrates use of pneumatic tube system to send information to appropriate destinations timely.
7. Consistently accepts admitting messages for transfers, accommodations and departures from nursing units timely and accurately. Consistently changes patient status, room accommodations and enters admission date and time directed by Case Management accurately and timely.
8. Assist registering patients when needed.
9. Promptly accepts ER bed request, obtains bed assignment from Nursing supervisor and admits with accurate status, service, accommodation and ordering physician. Consistently prints admission documents and armband, replace new armband and transport documents to ER Nursing.
10. Answers phone and communicates helpful information to the caller in a professional and timely manner.
11. Promptly accepts OB admitting messages for status changes and consistently pre-admit newborn.
Promptly accepts OB admitting message for newborn registration and accurately enters date, time and physician.
12. Understands and willing to adjust working hours and job duties to accommodate patients and department staffing in the time on need.
13. Seeks and performs other duties as assigned by Patient registration director, manager, or supervisor.
14. Acknowledges and uses mox mail and checks mailbox daily for communication and feedback.
15. Enter complete and accurate patient information in the Meditech computer system following department processes. Reviews and corrects AccuReg report timely. Maintains the standard of 95% accuracy rate for a 12 month period.