Come join a company that has built its reputation on providing premier customer service. For years, Publix has been the top-ranking supermarket chain in the nation on the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Come join a company that treats associates as family. Thanks to our founder, George Jenkins, all eligible associates are shareholders in Publix. Our annual survey of associates shows strong job satisfaction. Many in our family stay with us for more than 20 years. No wonder we have been on Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list 13 consecutive years!
Come join a company whose continual growth provides ongoing opportunities for advancing your career. Publix has 143,000 associates, more than 1,000 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee, and continually opens new stores. Our support system of manufacturing plants, distribution centers and corporate offices are expanding to serve that growth.
Come join a company that is financially sound, ethically strong and committed to diversity in all respects.
Department: Information Systems
- leading the development of solution architectures for both tactical and strategic projects
- producing architecture documentation and deliverables including Architecture Plans, proofs-of-concept, standards, and roadmaps
- providing leadership, knowledge, and experience to delivery teams on the architecture, design, and delivery of cost effective and sustainable solutions
- ensuring proper and effective reuse of application and technical services, frameworks, and standard tools and templates in the proposed solution
- ensuring that all aspects of the solution design follow best practices and meet the requirements of the business by participating in conceptual and physical design, participating in design reviews, and approving design deliverables
- ensuring that code (and other implementation artifacts) adhere to standards and implement the specified design by participating in detailed reviews and providing approval
- providing guidance to project teams in determining what functionality currently being implemented should be exposed as new services to the enterprise
- providing training, mentoring, and knowledge transfer to project team members, and
- actively collaborating with other Architects to define new standards and best practices that are not provided for by the current architecture standards.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, or an analytical discipline, or equivalent experience
- must have at least five years recent experience leading the analysis of complex business problems and translating business requirements into technology solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership
- must have at least five years recent experience leading the design of enterprise class solutions using object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, UML, service-oriented architecture, and solution frameworks
- must have at least five years recent experience developing and deploying object oriented solutions with the Microsoft development platform including the .Net framework 1.1/2.0/3.5, ASP.NET 2.0, VB.NET/C#, Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008/2010, PowerShell, and Team Foundation Server
- must have at least three years recent experience working with multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments including databases, operating systems, application servers, web servers, messaging and message brokers, web services, workflow, security, and portals
- must have strong technical acumen with the ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- must have excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to identify and estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives, and
- must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, teamwork, facilitation, consultation, and negotiation.
- strong knowledge and experience with Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Presentation Foundation, Silverlight, Windows Server, SQL Server, and SSRS
- knowledge and experience with SharePoint
- knowledge and experience with Java development
- knowledge and experience with design and performance tuning of large databases, and
- knowledge and experience with enterprise application integration technologies including IBM WebSphere MQ and Microsoft Biztalk Server.
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Minimum Base Pay: $6745.00
- Maximum Base Pay: $10095.00
- Year End Bonus: One month's pay (pro-rated in the first year) if associate remains employed through December 31.- Incentive Bonus: NA
- Potential Annual Pay with Bonus: $87,685 - 131,235
Publix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost to you
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability pay
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- 6 paid holidays (can be used on other days)
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases.
Monster - 4 years ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...