LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. is the leader in educational entertainment for children. LeapFrog’s award-winning product portfolio helps millions of children achieve their potential by delivering best-in-class curriculum through engaging content, fun multimedia learning platforms and toys. The Learning Path, LeapFrog’s proprietary online destination for parents and extended family, provides personalized feedback on a child’s learning progress and offers product recommendations to enhance each child’s learning experience. Through the power of play, LeapFrog’s products and curriculum help children of all ages prepare for school and life success. LeapFrog’s products are available in more than 45 countries and have been used by teachers in more than 100,000 U.S. classrooms. LeapFrog is based in Emeryville, California, and was founded in 1995 by a father who revolutionized technology-based learning solutions to help his child learn how to read. Come see the learning at www.leapfrog.com .
As a System Administrator, you will be a part of LeapFrog’s IT team by providing daily support within a wide range of technical issues, and hold responsibility for the operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructures. Other duties may include programming, project management for systems-related projects, troubleshooting/creative problem solving, and being the consultant for computer problems beyond the knowledge of technical support staff. Excellent communication skills and customer service skills, along with the ability to work well in team settings are key factors for the successful candidate.
The System Administrator reports to the Senior Manager of Global Network Infrastructure in LeapFrog’s IT group. The qualified candidate must meet or exceed the qualifications outlined below and must be able to perform the tasks to which the job entails.
Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Perform day to day support on Microsoft active directory including account creation, termination and changes
- Create, delete mailbox on Microsoft Exchange servers Manage Exchange environment and be able to troubleshoot issues.
- Troubleshoots and resolve servers issues when necessary
- Proactive monitoring of all servers, storage, applications and services
- Install, configure and maintain server hardware and software for multiple offices/locations
- Deploy OS, hardware and application patches on servers
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CCNA and Microsoft Certifications a big plus
- Must have 5+ year experience working in a System Administrator role
- Must have in depth knowledge of Microsoft Server 2003 and 2008, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2010.
- Must have experience building an Exchange environment as well as building an Active Directory environment. This includes understanding all components of AD, which include building DC’s, setting up DNS and DHCP services, and how they all tie together.
- Must have a strong understanding of Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
- Ability to work in a windows environment including file permissions and client to server application relationships.
- Have strong experience in managing and deploying Virtual Server environments including Hyper V and ESX.
- Must have working knowledge of SAN solutions, ideally EMC, on zoning, maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting.
- Have excellent working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, GPO's, message tracking and performance
- Have the ability to develop an Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures
- Experience and knowledge of in depth fundamentals of networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP)
- Must have a solid understanding of Cisco Networking.
- Must have Enterprise level Backup experience, managing backup policies, including Exchange.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Knowledge of Cisco router/switch a plus
- Knowledge of Symantec Netbackup a plus
- Knowledge of Linux server a plus
- Knowledge of SQL server a plus
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Good Team player with the ability to work well with others
LeapFrog Enterprises - 21 months ago
LeapFrog is a leading designer, developer and marketer of innovative, technology-based educational products and related proprietary content....