Purpose and Summary of position:
- Drives technology enhancement efforts for unit.
- Identifies, develops, and implements programs to improve unit profitability, reliability, quality, safety, environmental compliance, and reduce operational variability.
- Optimizes process and equipment operations to ensure lowest overall cost of operation. Continually optimizes reactor conditions.
- Develops unit objectives and monitors/improves unit performance in the areas of catalyst optimization, on-stream reliability/asset utilization, energy usage, raw material efficiencies, and others, as necessary. Identifies, develops and implements programs to improve unit profitability, reliability, quality, safety and reduce process variability.
- Drives work process by providing guidance to unit team members, leading problem solving processes and root cause analyses.
- Coordinates or conducts training of shift personnel to ensure support and compliance with unit initiatives in the areas of unit operations, personal and process safety, reliability, environmental, and quality
- Experience in chemical manufacturing processes
- Experience in Process Safety and SIS processes
- Ability to lead in a team based environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments
- Strong computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a self-directed individual
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment within the pertrochemical industry.
BS: Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry
- Knowledge of process design, instrumentation, process control, and statistics.
- Six Sigma / Lean certification.
- Knowledge of Celanese standard work processes.
Celanese - 17 months ago
Celanese Corporation gets a lot of good ink about its acetates. The company's primary operations include the manufacture of building...