Hermetic Motor, a global division of Emerson, is a world-class manufacturer of electric compressor motors for the HVAC industry. We have an opening in our St. Louis office for a Sr. Engineering Specialist. This position originates, develops, and applies new and/or improved electric motor designs in support of mass produced OEM products. Keys for success in this position require the ability to provide unique induction / brushless permanent magnet motor designs analyze / interpret competitive designs, and initiate improvements through motor design software and finite element analysis.
General responsibilities of the position include:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work on assignments requiring originality, ingenuity, and technical judgment on advanced systems, products, components or systems;
- Advance unique design theories resulting in specifications to develop the theories into products, components or systems;
- Prepare and present technical proposals exploiting new and novel ideas and concepts;
- Evaluate, analyze and develop solutions to complex research or engineering problems.
Successful candidates will have a BS in Electrical Engineering , MSEE is preferred. Your background should include 8 - 10 years of induction motor design and testing as well as 3-5 years experience with BPM’s and FEA (Finite Element Analysis) . Expert level knowledge of electrical motor theory is critical.
- Design of Brushless Permanent Magnet & Induction Motor Design
- Use of FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for lamination design and improvement
- Electric Motor development and testing
- Promote design improvements on test equipment
- Materials development and testing
- Aid in the development of manufacturing processes for new products
- Create and implement reliability, quality, and cost improvement ideas for new and existing products,
- Train and work in team settings to pass on development and design theories as they apply to BPM and Induction Motor design; and
- Present ideas, designs, and new products in large group environments.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and working knowledge of SLIM/Flux 2D/Ansys/J-Mag finite element software and SPEED or similar applications is required . Excellent presentation skills as well as proven ability to work with and train others in BPM and Induction Motor design are needed.
This position may require some travel to domestic and/or international locations.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Hermetic Motor's policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...