Emerson Network Power - Embedded Computing & Power, is a worldwide leader in power supplies and power conversion products.
The company has an immediate opening in Milpitas, California for a Product Support Engineer supporting one of our major customers. The position performs the following activities:
Support Emerson Network Power - Embedded Computing & Power Products on key customer accounts to assure ongoing supply of high quality and reliable products. This position will focus on helping customers with quality and reliability issues while optimizing the process involving defective and returned material. Traveling to customer sites and Emerson Network Power - Embedded Computing & Power factories on a regular basis is required.
-Establish, maintain, and constantly improve working relationships with all assigned account’s key personnel.
-Effectively communicate with both internal and external account /CM teams, including but not limited to:
-Validate all rejected Emerson Network Power - Embedded Computing & Power material, as applicable, by these customers before being returned as defective.
- Timely and appropriate response to inquiries and issues from customer and account management team. Expectation is that customer inquiries will be responded to within 24-48 hours.
- Active engagement with the customer at their site is expected.
- Active participation in meetings, account reviews, and conference calls. Owner of any quality-related issues
- Prepare and maintain periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) reporting requirements, as set by PSG management and account management teams. Deliverables include Status reviews, RMA tracker reports, PCN Tracker, among others.
- Visit these customers on a regular basis and assist them in all product quality and reliability issues.
- Coordinate activities required to support and resolve customer quality/reliability issues, including but not limited to, organizing 3 rd party screening/rework, spearheading meetings/conference calls, etc
-Report all rejected material, coordinate corrective actions as required and follow up on issues.
-Troubleshoot rejected material by the customers to establish possible causes of non-conformances.
-Report regularly to the Emerson Network Power - Embedded Computing & Power marketing, sales and other Emerson Network Power - Embedded Computing & Power teams on the overall satisfaction of Emerson Network Power - Embedded Computing & Power customers.
-Track thoroughly all quality/reliability issues and report them on a regular basis.
- Track returned material, coordinate material demand with manufacturing plants, establish forecasts with customers & internal Sales.
- Provide regular reports on Emerson Network Power - Embedded Computing & Power performance levels at the customer.
This position requires the ability to work flexible hours to support and/or coordinate meetings/conference calls with the company’s Asia team and/or the customer.
BSEE or Technical Electrical degree with very good customer and product management skills.
5-7 years work experience in AC/DC power supply design.
Good experience and background interacting with customers (strong focus on customer orientation).
Knowledge of mechanical & electrical assembly processes.
Knowledge of Power Systems is an asset.
Experience in quality engineering is an asset.
Experience in trouble shooting & failure analysis.
Experience in using quality tools such as pareto analysis and 8D reports
Basic knowledge of firmware including PMBus is a must.
Computer literate with ability to work from remote locations
Additional Company Information
Emerson Network Power ( www.powerconversion.com ) is part of the global technology company, Emerson (NYSE: EMR, www.emerson.com ). Its embedded power business is one of the world’s largest and most successful power supply companies. It embraces the Astec and Artesyn brand names, employs some 27,000 people - including 1,300 professional engineers - and is active in every major country. The company operates strategically located design, support and sales facilities around the world, and has five large-scale manufacturing sites - three in China, and two in the Philippines.
Emerson Climate Technologies is the world’s leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration solutions...