THIS JOB POSTING HAS EXPIRED.
Florida State University Foundation
Director of Regional Development
Central Development Services
Working collaboratively with development colleagues throughout Florida State University, the Regional Development Program will provide FSU increased philanthropic support by maximizing the interest, involvement and commitment of alumni, attendees, parents and friends, as well as select corporations and philanthropic foundations in the assigned region.
The Director of Regional Development will manage a team of Regional Development Officers, coordinating their efforts and helping to integrate them into the wider mission of the FSU Foundation. Under the supervision of the Director, this team will be responsible for the identification of potential major gift prospects within their assigned regions, connecting them effectively with the key individuals (constituent development staff, deans and other university administrators, central development staff) as appropriate to the areas of donor interest.
The Director of Regional Development will be expected to uphold and exemplify the operating practices and mission of the Foundation.
1. Manage and coordinate the efforts of the Regional Development Officer team.
2. Facilitate monthly and quarterly meetings with regionally based staff to ensure coordination of activities and open communication.
3. Facilitate coordination between the Regional Development Officers and stakeholders throughout FSU, especially deans and academic administrators, constituent development staff and central development staff.
4. Represent Regional Development in Foundation planning and policy-making activities.
5. While maintaining an office in Central Development at the FSU Foundation, personally represent FSU and the Foundation in the greater New York City metropolitan area as an assigned region, developing prospects in collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the university.
6. Maintain a portfolio of prospects and donors, at both the primary and associate management levels, with emphasis on gifts of $100,000 and larger.
7. Protects confidential information.
• Professional demeanor
• Outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse audience of personnel, alumni, friends, faculty and university community members
• Superior communication skills to include effective and persuasive writing and public speaking
• Proven ability to build consensus
• Highly organized and analytical
• Careful attention to detail
• Track record of successful negotiation and mediation
• Ability and discipline to meet deadlines
• Excellent project management skills, ability to balance competing priorities and complex situations
• Information processing management skills
• Willingness to work collaboratively as a member of the Foundation team and participate enthusiastically in the life of the University
• Service oriented approach
The Director of Regional Development reports directly to the Vice President for Central Development. Internal relationships include daily contact with all Foundation development, data management, gift processing and accounting staff.
External relationships include contact with individuals outside the direct line of authority, including academic deans and college development officers, department heads, faculty, students, alumni, parents of students and University administrators in the offices of the Alumni Association, Seminole Boosters and Student Affairs. The Director of Regional Development must ensure that all contacts made on behalf of the institution are positive, professional, and effective.
Experience: Minimum of five years experience in major gift development, preferably with experience in regional programs. Staff management experience required.
Educational Requirements: Baccalaureate degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Technical: Proficiency in the Office Products Suite and experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Additional: Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; ability to travel.
To apply, visit
AsiansinHigherEd.com - 16 months ago