Reports to Group Manager within Clinical Application Services (CAS). Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing, and recommending changes in support of the Epic Cadence/ADT/Prelude applications (as well as some other non-Epic applications), including ongoing production maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of supported applications / systems; Assists with conversions, application / system testing and documentation of system procedures; participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects; provides go-live support, and serves as point of contact for on-going production maintenance/support and troubleshooting. Participates in on-call / after hours support schedule as defined within the Group.
Responsibility for evaluating project requests associated with field of expertise and/or systems supported, conducting current state assessments, requirements gathering and definition, future state design and application build activities. Responsible for assisting implementation teams in planning, design, development, testing (unit, application and integrated), and deployment of projects, as well as contributing to development of associated training curriculum/program, post implementation documentation and production support services. Ensure systems design supports corporate policies and federal legislation, where applicable.
Identify and escalate issues to appropriate sponsor group, steering committee or other governing body to ensure successful implementation (on time, on budget and within scope). Responsible for facilitating change request process in relation to assigned projects. Prepare supporting documentation and present initial project requests and change requests to appropriate Change Advisory Subgroup(s). Provide weekly status updates on assigned projects. Work with Group Manager to coordinate necessary support with Project Management Office (PMO) as needed.
Maintenance, Support and Troubleshooting:
Monitor, acknowledge and resolve heat tickets as assigned. Coordinate software and hardware patches, service packs, and version upgrades with customer departments and System Administrator(s). Develop and maintain documentation for system procedures.
Log hours for project-related work in the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) system on a weekly basis. Utilize HP Quality Center system for creating test cases and scripts, monitoring testing execution and providing documentation as required for production change control approval.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the integrity, integration and stability of production systems.
- On call support (pager required).
- Coordinating with System Administrator and operational support personnel as needed (DBAs, Integration Analysts, Network Analysts, etc.) for application/system patches, updates and upgrades.
- Regular monitoring of vendor sites, attendance at vendor conferences and user group meetings to stay current with new application functionality and enhancements.
- Assist and coordinate interface maintenance and support.
- Routine communication with system managers and end-users regarding application/system issues, status of projects, and resolutions to troubleshooting problems.
- Developing and revising project plans for assigned projects and associated project management responsibilities including creating and maintaining projects in PPM, logging project time in PPM, and providing regular status updates.
- Facilitate and document current state assessments and future state design activities in support of assigned projects.
- Application design and build activities.
- Developing and maintaining test plans and scripts.
- Completing testing cycles (unit, functional and integration testing); Includes coordinating with departmental super-users and obtaining customer signoff.
- Supporting Learning Systems Group (LSG) in design, development and execution of end-user training.
- Troubleshooting and issues tracking for systems.
- Coordinating and executing software and hardware upgrades.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Clearly communicate with any staff member regarding a variety of issues related to troubleshooting, project management, ongoing production maintenance, or implementation activities. Produce clear, concise documentation and contribute to training materials.
- Education -Bachelor's degree
- Licenses & certifications - Certified in Epic Cadence or ADT/Prelude highly desired
- 3-5 years analyst experience.
- 1-3 years direct experience with Epic Cadence or ADT/Prelude systems
- Project management experience.
- Ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers, management, hospital staff, vendors and other customers.
- Effective organization skills and attention to detail; effective follow-through, and commitment to excellence.
- Change management skills.
- Ability to work off-hours when required.
- Ability to analyze user problems, determine and recommend optimum resolution based on system capabilities and user's needs
- Ability to understand and document business processes.
- Ability to use win-win approach to resolve controversy; stays objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; maintains constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Design, develop and manage an implementation approach through use of standard tools such as work plans, change and issues management tools, and HP Quality Center testing tool.
- Experience participating in system installation projects including design, build, testing and conversion.
- System integration knowledge.
- Knowledge of SQL databases, database queries, client/server architecture, web-based applications, citrix servers, operating systems, programming, Windows servers, SAN storage.
- Ability to troubleshoot and document application and system issues.
- Develop, coordinate and implement system changes and upgrades including software upgrades, hardware upgrades and system interfaces to ensure that information needs are met.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Visio and Project application knowledge.
- 4 years ago - save job
Children's Medical Center is private, not-for-profit, and is the seventh largest pediatric healthcare provider in the nation. As the only...