Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance in all rooms and resort homes. To operate the Housekeeping department in accordance with standards and guidelines established by Topnotch Resort & Spa.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee the responsibilities of the Housekeeping Department including Room Cleaning, Public Area Cleaning, Laundry & Guest laundry services.
- Ability to direct and evaluate performance of staff and follow up with training where needed.
- Develop and maintain training programs to create proper quality and quantity cleaning results.
- Hire and supervise housekeeping line employees and supervisors.
- Manage Housekeeping teams to maximize the guest experience, exceed expectations and efficiently complete daily departmental objectives.
- Ability to motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Develop and maintain effective payable, payroll, work order and other administrative systems.
- Utilize inventories to provide high quality housekeeping and maintenance of the units.
- Provide quality control and care of linen, supplies and equipment.
- Maintain high standards in all aspects of internal and external service and embrace the Topnotch Resort & Spa service culture.
- Actively participate in all aspects of Housekeeping operations, including Room cleaning, Room inspections, Deep cleaning, Laundry and Public areas.
- Provide feedback to senior management and resort home owners on specific furnishing and product needs.
- Communicate with guests in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Ability to enforce Resort standards, policies and procedures with staff.
- Establish and ensure compliance with guest service standards.
- Develop a positive rapport with all resort home owners.
- Know and have responsibility for implementation of policies and procedures set forth by Topnotch Resort and Spa.
- Initiate and maintain effective communication within the housekeeping department, and between all other departments and employees.
- Ensure grooming and conduct standards for all housekeeping employees are enforced.
Nonessential Skills and Experience
- Perform any other duties assigned by Senior Leadership.
- Must be able to speak, hear and understand the English language
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Competent in written and verbal communication
- Must be able to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to handle pressure situations and exercise good judgment
- Must have some knowledge of laundry operations
- Strong degree of competency with computer and software systems
- 5 years previous housekeeping management or related experience
- Ability to directly supervise 20+ people
- Work experience that involves building customer service relationships
- Ability to communicate in second language, preferably Spanish
Success Factors / Job Competencies
- Time management – the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Customer satisfaction orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.