Avocent Corporation, a subsidiary of Emerson Network Power, is the leader in providing innovative software and hardware technology that rapidly helps customers link corporate and IT strategies. Our unique integration of innovation and simplification make the management of IT infrastructure a vehicle for value, insights, and results. We deliver IT infrastructure management solutions for enterprises worldwide, helping customers reduce costs, increase availability of network resources, and enabling control, security, and compliance.
We believe that growth and success are a direct result of the quality and skill of the people who work with us. We believe in encouraging and rewarding initiative. We are looking for people to join our global team to help us shape the future of IT infrastructure.
The primary focus of this position is to be a customer-focused member of our IT Team who, under general supervision, will provide computer hardware and software support; utilizing technical expertise to assist internal customers. The IT Support Specialist will provide appropriate solutions to requests for service that include hardware and software installation, service and support.
This position will not have any direct reports. This position will have a high degree of contact with all areas within Avocent. The individual will also interact with other Business Application and IT personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor and respond to submitted support issues
• Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software malfunctions
• Install and replace hard drives
• Install memory upgrades
• Configure, install and move personal computers and telephones
• Diagnose and repair printer malfunctions
• Respond to inquiries regarding hardware issues
• Install new software and software upgrades
• Correct software configuration problems
• Interact with computer technology to solve a variety of complex problems
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Excellent customer-service skills
• Two years relevant experience or equivalent
• Good troubleshooting skills and decision-making abilities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows XP
• Proficiency with Microsoft Microsoft Windows 7
• Microsoft Office 2007 / 2010 experience
• Familiarity with basic networking terminology and concepts
• Professional oral and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to demonstrate initiative
• Willingness to work as a contributing member of a team
• Background in personal computer hardware repair and /or troubleshooting
• Experience with Windows based networks
Education & Experience:
A BS or BA Degree in MIS, CS, or equivalent work experience.
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...