HNTB Corporation draws upon a national workforce of construction professionals to dedicate the right resources to local projects at the right time to meet tight schedules and client expectations for cost and quality.
HNTB's team has experience in the construction of highways, bridges and airports, as well as facilities for sports, entertainment, education, government and business. Construction services are offered in combination with, and independent of, design engineering services. The firm tailors each construction service package to meet client needs.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation. We are seeking candidates for an Assistant Resident Engineer, deployed on the Mercer West Project Site located in Seattle area.
- Provides overall field contract administration and coordination on projects of a diverse nature.
- Review contractor prepared traffic plans, coordinate reviews with lead agency.
- Monitor activities of all assigned staff to determine that contractors construction activities are monitored and controlled in accordance with design specifications and contractual requirements.
- May serve as interface on-site between Client, Company Personnel and Contractor in resolution of project issues.
- May be in charge of a project of limited size and scope under the direct oversight of a Resident Engineer or serving as the assistant to the Resident Engineer on a large and or complex Project.
- Read and Interpret complex Contract Documents
- Supervise, mentoring and Training of subordinate staff
- Monitor Internal HNTB Project Controls for assigned Staff
- Observe on-site material testing
- Prepare Inspectors Daily Report / Summary Inspection Report of Daily Activities for Contractors work activities
- Perform sophisticated, complicated mathematical calculations
- Monitor Contractors Progress and compare to Reviewed Progress Schedule
- Produce As-Constructed Schedules as required
Bachelor's of Science plus eight (8) years construction related experience or demonstrated total of 15 years construction related experience in lieu of formal education. Experience must be directly related to construction of civil roadway, utility, site work or bridge construction. Experience with WSDOT or SDOT projects is highly desirable.
Must demonstrate in application or resume
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
- Experience in management of field inspection and unit price management for civil works
- Experience in management of work performed under force account
- Work Zone traffic management
- Traffic control plan preparation and review
HNTB knows the ABCs of A/E. The company is a pure design firm, which derives most of its revenues from architecture, engineering, or...