Provide processing support in meeting the goals and objectives of HPD Admissions and Financial Aid Services. Provide specific admissions and student services support to the HPD programs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Print all necessary documents for interviewers and Committee on Admissions (COA) meetings, if required. Research status inquiries.
2. Assist in the distribution of mail to Enrollment and Processing Services (EPS) and other departments, as well as opening and reviewing incoming documents.
3. Create new SAAADMS screens for deferred students.
4. Provide assistance to walk-in applicants and visitors to HPD Admissions and Financial Aid Services, as needed.
5. Explain application and admission requirements and procedures, as needed.
6. Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries relating to the HPD admissions and program requirements.
7. Assist with coverage of reception area to ensure excellent customer contact.
8. Provide tours of HPD facilities to walk-in applicants and other interested parties, as requested. Coordinate with current students to enlist their assistance with HPD campus tours for interviewed applicants.
9. Schedule and confirm appointments for applicant interviews.
10. Coordinate files for applicant interviews with faculty members, interview team, and any other committee members that need be present.
11. Ensure the timely delivery of Florida residency, background checks, and orientation packets for accepted applicants.
12. Collect post-interview applicant files to ensure that all documentation is available for review by COA and Dean's offices.
13. Maintain a copy of the minutes COA meetings and status logs.
14. Assist with graduation activities, including senior awards dinners and commencement ceremonies.
15. Assist with open hours, pre-professional health advisors seminars, and other recruitment events.
16. Assist with orientation setup and activities, as requested.
17. Prepare agendas for special events.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Assist in all areas of the department during peak periods to ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
2. Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
3. Assist the Associate Director and other HPD Admissions and Financial Services staff with special projects, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to analyze facts, exercise judgment and arrive at valid conclusions is essential for this position.
2. Familiarity with the pre-requisites needed for admission is necessary.
3. Knowledge of standardized testing scores and their relevance is required.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Excellent customer relations skills.
6. Excellent time management skills.
7. Excellent office management skills, including computer literacy.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Ability to work as a member of a team.
10. Ability to meet deadlines.
11. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
12. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
13. Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions.
14. Understand the University environment.
15. Ability to effectively communicate knowledge.
16. Excellent conflict resolution skills
17. Ability to work in a Microsoft Window-based environment using various software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
18. Ability to maintain confidential information.
19. Ability to work evenings and weekends, if required.
Nova Southeastern University - 2 years ago
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator, ha...