Do you want to be member of the Cabela’s team? Were you ‘BORN TO WORK HERE”? This is your chance. Cabela’s has an opening for a Costing Specialist in the Costing Specialist/Finance department at our corporate office in Sidney, NE.
This position is responsible for the accuracy of inventory-related information, including item, costing and pricing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Understanding and applying the inventory costing guidelines as established in the Inventory Costing Manual.
• Ensuring that all components of inventory costing are accurately recorded. These components include, but are not limited to, rebates, allowances, purchase order costs, and landed cost factors.
• Ensuring that vendor and costing documentation (e.g. Vendor Agreement) is updated at least annually and forwarded to relevant departments (e.g. Accounts Receivable).
• Working with Inventory Control Analysts (ICA’s) to ensure proper costs and allowances are used when generating purchase orders.
• Ensuring that inventory pricing, including sales events, is accurately recorded. Checking prices on catalog pages.
• Assisting with completion of the Add Sheet and creating new items and styles. Responsible for item maintenance.
• Investigating costing discrepancies identified by the departments including, but not limited to, Accounts Payable, Internal Audit, and Finance.
• Generating and analyzing various reports.
• Assisting with other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of company products, policies, and procedures.
• Effective communication skills with internal and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Skills in operating personal computer and various software packages.
• Skills in operating various office equipment such as: copy machine, adding machine, facsimile machine, typewriter, and telephone system.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
• Analytical skills necessary to develop factual reports and present findings through data-gathering, interpretation, compilation, and analysis of information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or equivalent and one to two years experience demonstrating increasing level of responsibilities.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.
Cabela's Inc. - 30+ days ago
Cabela's is a hunter's and fisherman's Disneyland. The seller of outdoor sporting goods operates about 35 stores in 20-plus U...