Whiting Role synopsis The Maintenance Planner provides detailed work plans and assures all materials and resources are available prior to a job being scheduled for execution. This includes setting performance standards for completing work and capturing work repair history on equipment in order to consistently provide data for continuous improvement in utilization and equipment reliability and availability. Key accountabilities - Develop job plans that consist of detailed tasks and cost estimates for maintenance work (corrective, preventive, predictive, inspection requirements, short outage/unit shut-down, etc.) including number and type of crafts, man-hour estimates, materials, special tools/equipment, speciality contractors and transportation equipment
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
- Assure cost effective and expeditious completion of maintenance work with Refinery Maintenance Scheduler, Maintenance Supervisor, Short-Term Asset Coordinator, and Contractor Job Representative to meet unit budget
- Generate requisitions and bid requests for special tools, materials, and speciality contractor services required to support the work plan and field execution
- Assure proper closure of Work Orders including documenting, initiating any follow-up Work Orders (particularly Preventive Maintenance/Predictive Maintenance work orders), and review plan vs. actual results
- Work with the Short-Term Asset Coordinator and Maintenance Supervisor to develop the 4-week and 12-week schedules, maintain unit shut-down/outage worklists, integrate project related items into maintenance, and manage area backlogs
- Provide planning for approximately 15-30 BP/Contractor crafts
- Identify and communicate reoccurring equipment problems to appropriate Short-Term Asset Coordinator, Maintenance Supervisor, Reliability Coordinator, and Availability/Reliability Engineer
- Load the job packages into Primavera for future scheduling and execution
- Accountable for preparation of job plans, work orders and requisitions
- Share, collaborate and provide input regarding work plans and work documentation
- Responsible for adherence and improvement of established work methods and work processes
- Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment Essential Education - High School Diploma or equivalent required with 5 years relevant experience, or
- 4 year college degree with 2 years relevant experience, or
- Associates degree with 4 years relevant experience Essential experience and job requirements - Thorough understanding of work breakdown structure, critical path analysis, bar charts and task sequencing techniques Desirable criteria & qualifications - Existing knowledge of, or strong desire to learn, planning software tolls (such as SAP, Maximo, Primavera, MS Project, etc.), Excel spreadsheets, and basic Microsoft Office software
- Proficient in the use, and understanding, of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Working knowledge of various craft disciplines and tools
- Understanding the impact of Procurement, Scheduling, and Field Execution processes Relocation available Negotiable Travel required Yes - up to 25% Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment. Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer. Segment Refining & Marketing Removal Time 23:59 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Removal Date 14-Mar-2013
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...