The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for testing web-based Network Management and Monitoring commercial software products in a fast paced environment. Ideal candidate must have experience with the Windows operating system, strong problem solving skill, attention to detail and experience configuring environments for testing.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
Education and/or Experience:
- Design and develop test cases that enable verification of product requirements.
- Execute test cases while meeting project deadlines and deliverables
- Enter detailed defects in the defect tracking system
- Review and give feedback on product requirements and design.
- Perform peer reviews of test plans, test cases and test results
- Maintain and create the test environments.
- Research and answer escalated customer issues from Technical Support regarding software defects, as needed
- Actively support customers during Technical Preview Programs.
- Routinely isolate the root cause of a defect when applicable
Benefits: Ipswitch provides their employees a comprehensive full benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement, online training program, paid time off, fitness and wellness benefits. We value our employees and provide you a unique working environment to harvest your talents. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team.
- 3 to 5 years of experience testing commercial software applications or equivalent
- 3+ years of Microsoft Windows Operating System knowledge, including familiarity with the Windows administration.
- Knowledge of hardware and software environments specifically Windows, local and wide area network.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum testing methodology preferred
- Previous experience testing software/hardware interaction
- Experience in networking concepts/protocols such as TCP/IP, WMI, SNMP and Windows Active Directory
- Experience using debugging tools like ethereal/wireshark for testing preferred
- Experience configuring and managing Wireless Access Points, Routers/Switches, Hubs and technical environments for testing a plus
- Experience with virtual testing environments such as VMware ESX and MS Hyper-V required
- B.S. in or pursuing a degree engineering discipline, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Extra consideration given for certifications: CCNET, CCNA, CSTE, CSQA etc.
- Scripting experience using one or more of the following: VBScript, DelphiScript, JScript, C++Script or C#Script a plus
- Strong written and oral English skills
Ipswitch, Inc. has been named one of the Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2010, 2011 and 2012 in the greater Boston area. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team!!!
Ipswitch, Inc - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ipswitch develops and markets innovative IT software that is easy to learn and use. More than 100 million people worldwide use Ipswitch...