The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing, evaluating and improving manufacturing methods utilizing his/her knowledge of design, materials, parts, fabrication processes, tooling, assembly, quality control standards, and efficiency and production equipment capabilities. The Manufacturing engineer will perform work related to planning, devising, or adapting methods to improve manufacturing production in the finishing area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of engineering assignments to improve manufacturing production by working closely with manufacturing, product engineering, production operators and maintenance. Responsibilities include analyzing and planning work force utilization, space requirements, work flow and designing layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Lead and participate in continuous process improvement initiatives. Consult with management, engineering, and other staff regarding production capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Support daily manufacturing operations (troubleshoot and resolve problems with equipment while in production). Examine equipment, processes, operations, and assembly to determine time and quality revisions, and suggests improvements.
- Knowledgeable of production flow and capable of logically developing and planning within this flow that correctly and efficiently builds products. Demonstrated abilities in developing and executing statistical process control for manufacturing is required.
- Strong individual performer demonstrating a team oriented collaboration with other production members, company engineers, staff and supervisors to support projects, achieve customer satisfaction and accomplish goals in line with company vision.
- Strong reasoning ability involving defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions with the ability to write a business case for specified projects.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral to effectively communicate. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Gunlocke members, managers, customers and suppliers.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, multi-tasking, attention to detail, organizational, time management, verbal/written communications, and project management skills a must. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related disciplines – preferably in mechanical or industrial engineering preferred.
Minimum of 4 years experience in wood finishing or powder coating preferred.
Minimum of 1 years of experience with materials management: including inventory control, FIFO, Kanban systems and VOM supply. Experienced in lean manufacturing is preferred.
Exceptional computer skills required including word processing, spreadsheets, flowcharting software, manufacturing software (MRP), AutoCAD required - Mechanical Desktop, CNC programming a plus. Demonstrated ability to read drawings.
Occasional domestic travel to suppliers and other operating companies may be required as needed.
HNI Corporation - 11 months ago
HNI Corporation is a provider of office furniture and hearth products. Office furniture product offering is sold to dealers, wholesalers, re...