“Enterprise eBusiness - Senior Project Leader”
The project manager is responsible for the planning and execution of the e-commerce projects in support of the company’s e-business initiatives through coordination of the various functional teams in the e-commerce group and across the IT department. The project manager is responsible for the overall success of the project, organizing activities through the design, implementation, testing, release and maintenance phases of the project. Successful project managers exhibit excellent analytical abilities, creative problem solving skills and strong planning and organizing capabilities. Additionally they must have excellent leadership, negotiation and mediation skills, and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have background in e-business project management and a passion for understanding both the business and the technical aspects of the projects they lead.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred - Computer Science or related field
- 8- 10 years of IT Experience
- PMI Certification Preferred
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of IT / web technologies and practices
- Ability to lead and motivate diverse project teams, initiate project activities, and juggle multiple tasks
- Experience with development and reporting of project budgets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Defines project scope and deliverables working with the ebusiness department
- Works with teams to estimate project duration, cost and resource requirements
- Creates detailed project plans using industry standard methodologies:
- Manages day-to-day project activities
- Organizes and runs project meetings
- Reports project status to the rest of the organization
- Coordinates and manages functional, user acceptance and performance testing
- Manages project dependencies; coordinates activities with various functional teams to support a highly collaborative work environment.
- Responsible for the quality of project deliverables
- Ensures that projects are completed on time and on budget
- Responsible for prioritization decisions within the project
- Manages change requests throughout the life of the project
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies. Proficient in MS Project or equivalent.
- Ability to manage large projects/initiatives including project estimation, project planning, resource planning, project budget control and successful completion.
- Create and maintain a project plan for each project. Synchronize project activity with adequate release activity. Provide a roadmap for a solution when necessary.
- Communicate to management and sponsors key issues and risks. Propose a plan to mitigate and/or eliminate them.
- Work with various business units to establish a sound business case for each of the projects. Participate in the definition of the requirements and creation of the solution's
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 12 months ago
Whether for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to assist mankind. Created...