People Leader responsible for directing field service Deskside Service Support for large health care provider. The incumbent will direct the coordination of technical and administrative support activities including installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and engineering change upgrades. Ensures adequate records and systems are maintained. Schedules personnel responding to critical situations. Maintains communication with design management and specialists in resolving technical problems and/or bringing problems to the design department’s attention.
This position will be a remote/Onsite Client based position. You must live in the area. This role will have up to 80% local travel to Dell customer Campus / Remote sites, with the potential for national travel as necessary. This position will also be required to work an on-call rotation.
- Sets strategy, goals, and metrics for field repair and maintenance.
- Manages and drives deployment & sustaining field operations, including escalations and expedites.
- Coordinates field technical training and service readiness for new products, sustained programs, and special projects.
- Develops and implements process improvements to field operations, including tool implementation.
- Represents field services to customers, sales and segment teams, logistics, and technical support organizations.
- Manages process controls and standardization.
- Oversees functional repair for In-Warranty and Out-of-Warranty screening and repair.
- Negotiates Master Service Agreements with suppliers and negotiates all conditions as they pertain to pricing, logistics, quality, payment terms, warranty terms and conditions, packaging, inventory control, export processes and metric reporting.
- Coordinates between suppliers and Dell legal department for approval and language translation.
- Oversees bid process for supplier selection.
- Leads quarterly business reviews with suppliers and functional groups.
- Responsible for performance of vendors and cost control
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Manages a field support team or a supplier relationship.
- Responsible for the daily activities of the suppliers.
- Supports service level improvement/coordination with field teams and suppliers.
- Resolves escalated problems/projects/items from field support team to maintain strong customer experience levels.
- May have trade compliance responsibility for multiple countries.
- Executes the operations plan that senior management develops.
- Ensures team achieves specific field performance metrics.
Proven People Leader (Supervisory) Experience
5 Years in running / project managing field service projects in the IT industry.
Requires hands-on knowledge in service delivery, help desk support, desk side support, knowledge management, and systems integration.
IT Hardware Deployment Project Management Experience
Experience in customer relations.
Ability to manage remote Field Technicians & create a Dell Team Environment.
Experience & proven ability to monitor field service operational work / production results.
Additional Requirements. Given the requirement of the customer and nature of your employment in a healthcare environment, you may also be subject to additional drug screens, background checks, and other requirements such as clearing a TB test by Dell or its customers.
- 10 years minimum directly related experience with High School diploma or equivalency
- 6 years minimum directly related experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years minimum directly related experience with Master’s Degree
- Other requirements: 3 to 5 years industry experience.
Collaboration. Individual drive. A passion for technology. That's what success sounds like at Dell. It's this dedication to finding unique solutions that has given rise to many of our energy-smart, green initiatives. Sound like something you can get behind? Join our team, and you'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who care about protecting our planet. Plus, you'll get the mentoring, support and training you need to succeed on your own terms.
Dell Inc. - 2 years ago
Dell Inc. (Dell) is a technology company that designs, develops, manufactures, markets, sells, and supports a range of products. Its product...