The CAD Designer is responsible for utilizing 3D CAD systems to generate solid models, 3D assemblies, and 2D drawings and layouts to provide support to Engineers in the Project Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering Departments. The CAD Designer works closely with the Engineers to produce designs that are manufacturable and economically feasible. The CAD Designer is also responsible for the design and development of fabricated and machined components and multiple component assemblies. Converts CAD models and assemblies into detail drawings that include all dimensions and notes necessary for manufacture. Maintains all electronic CAD data and 2D drawings and routinely performs checks to ensure that all data is compliant with company practices.
- Mechanical Design experience, with valves and/or electromechanical components a plus
- GT&D per ANSI Y14.5 GT&D
- Strong working knowledge in Autodesk Inventor, with knowledge or ability to work in CATIA a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing tooling & processes.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including MS Office Products (Word, Excel, etc).
- Strong technical, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team interaction skills
- Minimum requirement High School Diploma. Degree in Computer Aided Design or Technical Degree a plus.
National Machine Group - 19 months ago