Job Title: Worldwide Order Fulfillment Corporate Logistics Manager - 1942
Job Location: US - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Operations
Mentor Graphics Corporation (MENT) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Worldwide Order Fulfillment (WOF) is a global operational team within Mentor Graphics responsible for order management through billing, S/W media and documentation production and distribution services, parts management and master data management and quote to cash process design and implementation services. We have teams located in Wilsonville OR and Shannon Ireland.
In this role you will be responsible for timely and cost-effective inventory and warehouse management, distribution of products and services through the management of production facilities, distribution, import/export control, fulfillment of sales orders, shipping/receiving, traffic and transportation for the corporate HQ sites. This role is responsible for strategy definition, budgetary planning and control, employee development and coaching and as advisor to partner functions such as Tax, World Trade, and Finance on matters relating to campus and warehouse logistics and the movement, importation and exportation of our Emulation Hardware products globally.
Responsibilities Include :
- Responsible for the management, influence and motivation of a team of 5 Full Time Employeess plus temporary labor as required, in the corporate logistics function at our Corporate HQ and off site warehouse in Wilsonville, OR
- Supports the warehousing, stocking and shipment of all Mentor Graphics Emulation hardware offerings globally and supports the complex emulation product logistics process for spare parts, demos, returns, leases and sales of emulation products,
- Is the company expert in transportation, import/export, and inventory management.
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of all import/export policies and controls to ensure compliance with US and international government rules and regulations. Ensures good links exist with Legal and Tax on compliance issues.
- Plans and manages functional budgets and operational expenses ensuring both operating expense and capital expenditure remain within budgetary guidelines. Focus on freight spend, negotiate and determine best offerings for Mentor, ensure good reporting from external invoice partner SSI to support business decisions.
- Works with WOF managers and team leads globally on process design and development, with cross functional impact.
- Represents Logistics teams on escalations, investigating and resolving a variety of issues relating to own business area, taking into account overall WOF objectives when considering the resolution.
- Autonomy required evaluating options and determining appropriate action regarding both regular and one-off problem resolution.
- Builds strong partnerships with key internal functions, focusing on effective communication and demonstrating an appreciation for each function's individual point of view, goals and objectives.
- Makes decisions that impact multiple internal teams and customers.
- Leadership, supervisory and coaching skills essential
- 5+ year experience with international freight, export, import and customs clearance processes, warehouse and inventory management
- Individual must be a strong multi-tasker, have a strong ability to work on their own initiative, be able to think and act with global consideration and appreciation.
- Individual must have the ability to influence and represent WOF business position competently and confidently with managers, directors, senior individuals throughout the organization.
- Bachelor/Master degree in business or related discipline.
- APICS and Export Compliance Certifications are a plus
- Strong/competent user of MS Office packages, with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Ability to quickly calculate and accurately manipulate and create spreadsheets.
- Understanding of data for reconciliation and reporting. Must have knowledge/ability to create documented processes, proposals and presentations.
- Strong/competent user of SAP.
- Proven analytical skills a must. Must be able to analyze and problem solve.
- Strong customer service background.
- Normal office/warehouse environment. 5% Travel required. Availability early in the mornings to support H/W processes in Europe
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes up to 32 days of vacation/holidays per year, 401k matching, Stock purchase plan, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability and much more.
Mentor Graphics - 9 months ago
Mentor Graphics knows that everyone sometimes needs a helping hand, even engineers. The company is a leading global developer of electronic...