Crescent Electric Supply Co (CESCO) was founded in 1919 and is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. Crescent Electric Supply Co. is a full-line distributor of electrical, electronic, automation and voice data products with more than 120 locations throughout 25 states. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value added services. Our customers range from Electrical Contractors, Industrial OEM & MRO customers to Commercial, Institutional, Educational and Government entities.
Responsible for assisting customers in person and over the phone, entering orders in system, reviewing and pulling orders, following through on commitments of delivery of product or information required, ensuring customers’ needs are met in a professional and timely fashion, and proper communication of information to customers and employees who are fulfilling the order.
- Answer phone in a manner that exemplifies professionalism and friendliness.
- Route phone calls and/or visitors to the appropriate person or department in a professional and timely manner.
- Perform general duties such as keyboarding, filing, making copies, handling incoming and outgoing mail, and sending correspondence as assigned.
- Greet & acknowledge all customers courteously and quickly.
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the salesperson and the company.
- Sell products and services, offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer, and suggest alternative products when a customer-requested product is not available.
- Ensure that all Will-Call tickets have been properly picked, checked, packed, and ready for immediate and timely pick up.
- Review all Will-Call tickets and staging area periodically to ensure that customers have been notified and will be picking up their orders.
- Help customers determine and select the best solution of Crescent Electric products and services to meet their needs.
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Create and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers.
- Work with Purchasing Department, account managers, quotations specialists, product champions, and other branch personnel to provide competitive quotations.
- Maintain open communication with other branch employees on matters that impact customer service, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Keep up to date on market trends, new products and the application of those products.
- Maintain and replenish all merchandise and literature displays.
- Continuously develop knowledge of Crescent product inventory, its location in the facility, and sales techniques.
- Know and understand manufacturer catalogs and literature.
- Understand and follow company policy on pricing.
- Back up and support inside sales representatives and warehouse personnel as necessary.
- Attend sales, product, and other branch/company meetings.
Competitive Benefit Package:
- Individual must possess strong PC skills. Must have the ability to work quickly and accurately within time constraints and against deadlines. In addition, must possess interpersonal skills, organizational skills, be a self starter, detail oriented, and have ability to multitask.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally both in person and over the phone.
- Must have some electrical knowledge or background, computer experience, credit card machine experience, and Internet experience.
- Exceptional phone and customer service skills.
- Forklift experience is a plus. Previous wholesale electrical distribution product and application knowledge and sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, criminal background checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. Women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crescent Electric Supply Company - 17 months ago
Crescent Electric Supply Company (CESCO) was founded in 1919. Today, it is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States...