In accordance with Assets, Inc. core values and mission, the Mental Health Clinician II is responsible for providing clinical consultation, guidance, quality assurance, training and therapeutic services to individuals experiencing developmental disabilities and/or mental illnesses. This position provides consultation to direct support professionals, case managers and other treatment team members.
This position may require de-escalating verbally or physically aggressive individuals according to identified procedures and individual client protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Adheres to and demonstrates Assets, Inc. core values, mission, policies, and compliance plan in the performance of all aspects of this position.
Facilitates Mental Health Medicaid for individuals on clinician’s case load by:
Represents Assets by collaborating with other providers to serve individuals whose diagnosis and treatment is at issue, following-up on external Assessments and recommendations to incorporate into Psychiatric Treatment as well as service design.
In collaboration with the CS Department Director, assesses a potential client’s treatment and service needs and Assets’ capacity to meet them.
Provides clinical consultation to treatment teams.
Performs individual, group and family therapy.
In collaboration with either Community Services or Contract Services Directors, de velops and supervises implementation of risk management protocols and treatment for those who display high-risk behaviors.
Insures Medicaid compliance by:
- Overseeing and being involved in treatment plan development
- Approving Mental Health Medicaid (MHM) treatment plans
- Overseeing production of and approving Prior Authorization requests (may be performed by a clinician III)
- Conducting and writing Comprehensive Assessments
- Reviewing and approving Functional Assessments
- As part of clinical team, preparing clinical portion of DBH grant, quarterly reports and assisting in other grants sought by Assets Inc.
As part of clinical team, may be required to represent the Mental Health Services Department on Leadership Team.
Supervises non-clinical staff as required (may be performed by a Clinician III)
- Monitoring the compilation of Prior Authorization Report and overseeing the preparation of Prior Authorization requests and transmission to DBH.
- Working collaboratively with Nova Team Coordinators and Finance Department to maintain compliance.
- Responding to utilization reviews and acting as part of the quality assurance team as required.
As part of clinical team, may provide written reports to the Board of Directors and participates in Board committees and functions.
Provides training to Assets employees and other groups on relevant Mental health topics.
Assists in or individually de-escalates verbally or physically aggressive individuals according to identified procedures and individual client protocols.
Other duties as assigned.
- Budget and spending authorization
- Training and travel guidance and approval for Nova Team as required
- Hiring and performance monitoring for Nova Team as required.
Required Job Qualifications:
Ability to be licensed within two (2) years of employment
Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work or related filed that meets licensing reqirements
Must have current driver's license
st have insured vehicle
Assets, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
MedAssets, Inc. provides technology-enabled products and services, which together deliver solutions designed to improve operating margin and...