Job Summary: Perform planning and procurement duties for assigned brands/skus.
Essential Duties Include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the execution of monthly capacity plan for all assigned brands/skus. Responsible for reviewing all assigned brands/skus weekly.
- Regularly analyze assigned brand / sku's to identify and define solutions on problem skus in order to resolve availability, scheduling, shipping and associated customer issues.
- Enter, audit and maintain accurate purchase order information & records.
- Place weekly purchase orders in the Apprise ERP system for assigned skus.
- Audit all purchase orders placed for accuracy.
- Measure turn rates on each assigned sku.
- Communicate with the factory on all transmission and receipts of loading forms, purchase expedite requests, deferrals or cancellations.
- Work with transition team on new items, running changes and phase out skus within the assigned area of items.
- Create electronic files for each purchase order and file purchase order entry information.
- All other related duties as directed by the Planning Manager.
- College degree or some college coursework in business related field preferred.
- Must have 2 to 3 years of buying or planning experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
APICS certification preferred but some APICS completed coursework will suffice. Continuing completion of courses and/or certification will be required of the job.
- Working knowledge of an order-entry system and MRP systems required; Apprise experience preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level.
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate solid organizational skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of Meyer personnel and various factory personnel.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Must possess demonstrated experience in problem-solving and time management skills and the ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, repetitive use of both hands.
- Hours and days are primarily Monday through Friday.
- Must possess the mental and physical capacities to perform the job duties.
- 21 months ago - save job