The CIB (Corporate& Investment Bank) Strategy group is seeking a Strategic Investments 3rd year Analyst or Junior Associate with outstanding corporate finance, problem solving, influencing, and relationship building skills to partner with group colleagues, CIB executives, other banks and market structure players in analyzing and executing market structure/financial technology principal investments and acquisitions and other strategic initiatives. These initiatives are linked to topics at the top of senior management agendas and are sourced from group's external network and/or from CIB line executives. Initiatives are executed in partnership with CIB line and staff areas, drawing upon subject matter experts as needed. The role will be based in New York.
- Reviewing and screening potential market structure/financial technology principal strategic investment, acquisition and partnership opportunities
- Executing the related transaction (conducting due diligence; structuring the deal; negotiating terms; interacting with lawyers and other experts; obtaining any required approvals; closing)
- Monitoring selected Strategic Investments portfolio companies (quarterly valuations and write-ups, monitoring relevant developments, assisting in selected strategic initiatives such as M&A, follow-on rounds, divestitures)
- Working on organic strategic initiatives with line CIB executives and/or CIB cross-asset class, cross functional forums
Candidates should have a superior undergraduate academic record and prior experience at a leading firm in Strategy Consulting (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Oliver Wyman) in financial services (experience in market structure/financial technology is a plus) and/or in Principal Investing (private equity or venture capital) or Investment Banking/Mergers & Acquisitions. Within such role(s), experience in fundamental valuations and assessing opportunities analytically and conceptually is required. Exposure to structured problem solving, deal structuring and negotiations is a plus. The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
- A strong interest in financial markets
- Strong judgment, self-starter able to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling, analytical problem solving skills
- Strong conceptual problem solving skills
- Professional maturity and personal integrity
- A strong work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
US-NY-New York-383 Madison Avenue (BSC) / 41039
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...