The Plant Scheduler, under general supervision, is responsible for the development of the schedule for production at the highest level at which products will be stocked or planned either prior to shipment (for made-to-stock operations) or prior to final assembly (for made-to-order operations).
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Translates orders into a sequential work schedule.
- Analyzes production specifications and capacity data, and performs mathematical calculations to determine production processes, tools and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established production sequences and lead times. Plans sequence of operations.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Works in conjunction with the Production or Planning Manager to schedule in the most cost effective way to drive overall operational efficiency.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of materials, ingredients, and packaging, to include inventory and ordering.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience required;
- Previous scheduling experience in a food & beverage manufacturing facility highly preferred
- Previous materials planning experience in a food & beverage manufacturing facility highly preferred
- Ability to coordinate a high-level of activity in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player with the ability to work and across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet business needs.
Dean Foods - 15 months ago