s Internal Audit Consulting Group has a great opportunity for an exceptional Internal Auditor to provide value-added service by evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of Humana’s operational processes and supporting control structure. The Internal Audit Consulting Group is a leading edge team providing independent, objective assurance, consulting and business advisory services that evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Our role drives the achievement of Humana’s strategic and financial objectives while guiding management on the appropriate level of risk taking necessary to achieve those objectives.
In addition to the exposure to corporate strategy, business plans, and the management teams that execute those strategies, consultants are exposed to various learning opportunities, such as, Six Sigma, financial analysis and reporting, information technology development, project management and risk and control certification.
- Review and analyze processes, documentation and data to identify any gaps in the effectiveness of Humana’s governance, risk and control environment.
- Provide proactive consulting and facilitation on risk, control, and governance processes for those areas under review. Drive perfect service organization through partnership with business process owners on assessment of key metrics and the risk, control, governance processes that ensure their execution at best in class levels.
- Executes audit engagement plans and perform all steps related to audits and special projects.
- Provide assurance around the effectiveness and efficiency of various Humana operational processes. You will interact with leaders in many different areas and at many different levels.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships across Humana related to your assigned functional area. You will facilitate risk assessment discussions regarding strategic, financial, operational, and compliance components as part of the CEO’s enterprise risk management initiative.
- Working specifically with leadership, you will identify new and emerging risks and then plan internally to monitor and control those risks. You will coordinate closely with an audit manager tasked with execution of specific audit engagements designed to test risk and control practices.
- Builds Trust:
Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one's actions.
Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first.
- Executes for Results:
Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
: Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
4 to 6 years of audit or consulting experience
Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Successful track record in facilitating and consulting across teams and managing projects
Likes to focus on the "big picture" and thrives in a fast paced, multi-project work environment
Computer literate (MS Word, Power Point, Excel)
Certifications such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, PMP
Experience with Medicaid and/or Medicare
Advanced degree preferred
Six Sigma Black Belt or other Process Improvement or Quality Control expertise
Knowledge of Humana’s internal policies and procedures
You will report to an Internal Audit Consulting Manager
At Humana, we’re also committed to making the resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. We know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
After applying, we encourage you to join our Talent Network as well, so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization in the changing world of healthcare.
US-Puerto Rico-San Juan
Work Environment Type
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Humana - 18 months ago
Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans for employer...