Henkels & McCoy, Inc., one of the largest privately held international utility contracting firms, with offices in 80 cities and celebrating 85 years of operating with a reputation as one of the most reliable and innovative firms in engineering and construction, is currently seeking an Area Manager for its Hawaii operations area. The Area Manager has overall profit and loss responsibility for a specific operating unit within Henkels & McCoy West Region Operations. The AM is responsible for underground construction, procurement, design and inspection, and related lines of work such as Power, Telecom, Water, Sewer, and Pipeline. The Area Manager performs marketing and sales activities with help from the Director of Hawaii Operations and the Hawaii Business Development manager.
Major Job Elements
- Develops bids and proposals for opportunities in the Underground Utility market
- Responsible for safe work practices and implementing company safety programs for all subordinates and throughout Area of responsibility.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of construction projects.
- Make contacts and develops business relationships with customers, unions, subcontractors, vendors, and industry associations.
- Travels to specific job sites as required depending on size, location, and issues.
- Reviews and develops the performance of all subordinates. In addition, conducts formal performance appraisals on direct subordinates.
- Approves weekly payroll and equipment reporting for the entire Operating Unit.
- Manages the equipment fleet, maximizes utilization and coordinates maintenance.
- Manages and Controls the procurement, use and application of tools.
- Establishes tracking methods and systems to measure and report crew productivity versus estimate and for reporting weekly job progress on lump sum, hourly, or unit price work. This includes determining, identifying, and correcting problem areas on loss or low profit jobs.
- Manages labor and maintains relations with local Unions regarding hiring, terminations, and grievance resolution within the Area.
For more information about Henkels & McCoy Inc. please visit our website at http//www.henkels.com/
- At least 10 years of supervisory experience in the utility construction business.
- Formal training in management, supervision, and administration is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Minimum of a high school education is required
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Henkels & McCoy - 15 months ago
When utilities, communications companies, or governments need the real McCoy to install or repair their transmission networks, they can call...