1. Must be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled.
2. Greet all guests entering the fitting room area in a pleasant and courteous fashion.
3. Assign fitting rooms to guests who wish to try on merchandise. Identify and locate a vacant fitting room and verify that the fitting room contains no merchandise left by a previous guest. Present each guest entering a fitting room with a number tag to verify the number of merchandise items to be tried on.
4. Answer and direct telephone all incoming telephone calls in a professional, courteous manner. When necessary use the store intercom system to direct calls to the appropriate department or person, make pages or calls for assistance.
5. Handle basic guest inquiries about the location and price of merchandise.
6. Detect common signs of ticket switching, mis-mated merchandise, shoplifting and other security risks involving guests and associates. Promptly communicate potential problems to store management or loss control.
7. Inspect fitting rooms following the departure of each guest and collect any merchandise items that may have been left. Inspect the merchandise for damage and examine to ensure correct price tag is affixed.
8. Prepare, hang or fold merchandise for return to departments.
9. Page Sales Associates to recover merchandise from fitting room area as needed.
10. Ensure the clean and attractive appearance of the fitting room area by removal of any debris, periodically cleaning mirrors and dusting.
11. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
Education and Qualifications
1. Ability to sufficiently understand the English language in order to communicate with individuals at all levels in the company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner and to read price tag information
2. Basic mathematical skills to count the number of merchandise items.
3. Ability to grasp and lift or otherwise move items weighing up to 10 pounds.
4. Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for up to a seven and one-half hour shift, with two fifteen minute breaks and one half hour meal break.
5. Ability to verbally communicate in order to answer phones and use the intercom system.
6. Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision within two weeks after beginning work.
Gordmans is an equal opportunity employer
Gordmans - 19 months ago
Midwestern shoppers head to Gordmans Stores for deeply-discounted fashionable apparel and home décor. The department store chain operates...