High school (G.E.D) required. Internal applicants must meet the Registration (614250133) and Scheduler (614200133) MIN quals before movement into the 604300134 and satisfies competency requirements after movement into the 604300134. Minimum 18 months of work experience in office or healthcare with MD interaction required for external applicants.
Primary Job Functions
Monitor provider schedules and correct as needed.
- Schedules patient appointments according to guidelines by providing documentation of scheduled appointments, procedural instructions and location directions. Monitors the daily patient schedule, places reminder calls and identifies “no shows” for rescheduling.
- Ability to review schedule, anticipate errors and take corrective action.
- Verifies patient demographics and insurance information.
- Answer telephones, takes complete and accurate message and relays information appropriate party to support operational aspects of patient care. Ability to answer questions regarding hospital and departmental operations, policies and procedures.
- Retrieves information from files as requested and assembles paperwork and reference material as requested by patients or providers. Responsible for following HIPAA confidentiality guidelines while performing all duties. Responsible for responding to requests within the scope of the job to include mailing or faxing requested material to other PHS departments facilities and other appropriate facilities.
- Maintains and fosters effective customer relations with patients, providers and the public by listening, responding, and documenting customer phone inquiries and complaints. Attempts to resolve complaints in the moment and enters complaints/compliments into Advocate.
- Enters referrals into EPIC to support patient care.
- Exhibits extensive knowledge and understanding of the Advanced Access Process.
Work with provider/nurse team to ensure patient access.
Follows “team” appointment and same day appointment guidelines.
Generate and track Team appointments and Access forms
- Recognize calls requiring special handling and attention following the EMTALA procedures and redirects the call accordingly.
- Initiate the referral process and faxing of approved referrals. Also providing answers to patients inquires regarding a referral or the referral process.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 2 years ago