Development Assistant/Office Manager
All Stars Helping Kids (ASHK) is a public charity founded in 1989 by Ronnie Lott. ASHK supports start-up nonprofits serving low-income youth in the Bay Area. We provide our grantees with financial support ( cash ), operational guidance ( coaching ) and access to our network of supporters ( connections ). With intentional early stage funding and a focus on creating strong organizations, ASHK supports new organizations that help change the lives of low-income youth. To learn more, visit our website
ASHK is seeking a Development Assistant/Office Manager (DA/OM) to join its core team full time. The primary role of the DA/OM will be to provide development support and ensure donation protocols are carried out, while also overseeing office management. In addition, the DA/OM will directly support the Executive Director with development and administrative duties. The successful candidate will have strong administrative, nonprofit, and/or development experience.
There are further opportunities for the DA/OM to support special projects including special events, our Young Professional Board and athlete relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Development & Operations: 40%
Office Management: 20%
- Gift processing: database entry and management; overseeing donation recognition process
- Research: creating and updating dossiers on prospective and current donors
- Communications: assisting with creation and distribution of donor communications via traditional forms (mail and email) and social media
Executive Director Support: 40%
- Answering phones
- Opening and sorting mail
- Organizing and restocking supplies
- Assisting the Executive Director with calendar management, appointment scheduling and email replies
- Preparing the Executive Director to network with key targets at events
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in nonprofits, development, administration and/or startups desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including with social media
- Keen ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external constituents; strong customer service orientation and skills
- Working style suited to working in a small, results-oriented office setting with limited support staff
- Displays All Stars' values of teamwork, integrity, risk-taking and reflection
All Stars offers a salary commensurate with experience, as well as benefits including: medical, dental, vision, employer contribution to a health savings account, and paid time off.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and 1-2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put "DA/OM: [Last Name, First Name]" in subject line and include where you heard about this position in the cover letter. Candidate review will begin immediately. We will follow up with candidates that most closely fit our needs within two weeks of application receipt. Please, no phone calls.