We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to manage, maintain, build and support Open Systems for Emigrant Bank, which includes Microsoft, ESX VMWare, SUSE Linux, Citrix Xen Platform, and Novell OES.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Microsoft and VMWare expertise and/or certification is required. SUSE Linux, Novell OES, Citrix Xen Platform, and Novell’s current ZenWorks product experience is considered very favorable.
- Provide direction and take responsibility for entire development of a project, including planning, time estimation, requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing, conversion, and implementation.
- Provide second level support to the Bank’s Service Desk department on troubleshooting desktop and server issues.
- Daily monitoring of current infrastructure.
- Create and test application scripts through the Bank’s method of application deployment
Five years experience as a Systems Engineer; or any combination of experience that provides the skills and abilities to perform the job.
Technical Requirements :
The Senior Systems Engineer position requires expertise in the current Microsoft Operating Systems and ESX’s VMWare.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Monitoring the current Microsoft and VMWare environment
- Building new Microsoft and VMWare virtual servers
- Design and implementation of solutions to meet Bank needs
- Workstation application scripting through Novell’s Zenworks platform.
The Senior Systems Engineer position requires personal interaction with the Bank community and the IT Staff. Rsponsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ability to meet difficult deadlines, both individually and as a project team.
- Maintain a good working relationship with IS personnel and the Bank’s business community.
- Creation of presentation quality documents for management.
- Ability to communicate, orally and written, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to provide reliable and informative project status to management.
- Keep informed of current industry developments and technology.
- An understanding and evaluation of business implications of system development and maintenance.
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate functional design sessions with management.
- Leadership in project analysis, design and implementation.
Emigrant Bank - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard