Remington Hotels, headquartered in Dallas, TX is one of the largest, privately held, multi-brand, hotel management companies in the country.
Remington is a world class leader and operates 60+ hotels (Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood) and growing in the United States with over 13,000 hotel rooms and 5,500 associates.
Our performance strategies, corporate culture and philosophies help us to deliver on our promise to guests, associates, brands and investors. Remington has been consistently recognized among many of the world's best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
At Remington, our history of success and unparalleled industry expertise makes us The premier service provider to the hospitality industry™
Purpose of the Position:
Administer, direct, manage and control the sales and marketing department to maximize sales revenue for the hotel and ensure an aggressive approach by all sales staff to meet budgeted goals. Corporate Relationship: The Director of Sales and Marketing reports directly to the General Manager. However, the Regional Sales and Marketing Manager will interface and assist in the direction of the Sales and Marketing function at the property.
1. Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
2. Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow associates.
3. Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
4. Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
5. Perform your job according to standard operating procedures.
6. Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Associate Handbook.
7. Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA Hazcom program and safe lifting techniques.
8. Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
9. Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor.
10. Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor.
11. Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments.
12. Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
13. Practice “aggressive hospitality” and provide guest satisfaction.
14. Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
15. Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
16. Train and supervise other associates as directed by management.
17. Continue to learn and grow in your position.
18. Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
19. Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
20. Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities.
21. Assist person(s) with a disability.
22. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guests and associates.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Know all emergency procedures (fire, sever weather, bomb threats, guest accidents/illness, etc.).
2. Establish standards, supervise, evaluate and review staff performance in accordance with Corporate Human Resource guidelines.
3. Identify, recruit and rain qualified departmental personnel.
4. Develop sales strategies for property, including targeted market segments, rate management, solicitation procedures and advertising.
5. Develop a realistic annual marketing plan with monthly reviews to update and modify as required by market conditions.
6. Encourage the active participation of the front office/reservations and all other operating departments in various promotions as applicable.
7. Emphasize control procedures and yield management to assure a proper balance of rate availability to market demand.
8. Establish and execute an effective outside sales program.
9. Implement and execute an effective outside sales program.
10. Direct internal servicing of groups by effective outside sales program.
11. Prepare daily/weekly schedule and set personal and departmental priorities.
12. Complete all required reports in a timely manner.
13. Participate in Executive Committee with up-to-date information regarding department activities.
14. Conduct weekly sales meetings discussing the recommended topics for sales meetings as outlined by Management Company.
15. Develop creative programs for merchandising rooms, food and beverage.
16. Prepare monthly sales reports for distribution to general manger and Corporate Regional Director of Sales and Marketing.
17. Regularly hold individual conferences with sales managers to stimulate sales activity and performance.
18. The Director of Sales and Marketing, as a sales producer, should conduct a successful, aggressive solicitation process involving outside sales calls, inside appointments, telephone calls, individual letter and direct mail.
19. Supervise sales managers in technical salesmanship and managerial development. Identify training needs to provide training programs.
20. Set up records, file systems, trace and follow-up procedures to company standards.
21. Set up direct mail programs, establish and maintain mailing list.
22. Continually evaluate markets, their needs and respond accordingly to ensure market penetration.
23. Maintain awareness of competition.
24. Perform MOD responsibilities as directed by property policy.
25. Maintain a professional attitude and appearance and a management decorum in dealing with all other departments in the hotel.
26. Monitor and control sales department budget, staying within annual budgeted percent of revenue. Issue purchase orders for all marketing department expenses.
27. Perform all other duties as assigned by General Manager or Corporate Regional Director of Sales and Marketing.
28. Evaluate staff performance on a 120 day and annual basis.
29. Read, learn, understand and refer to the applicable Franchise and management company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
1. Assist other Executive Committee members and/or managers when needed.
Job Knowledge, Skills and other Responsibilities:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Use arithmetic to accurately calculate sales, expense and profit of departments.
3. Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
4. Stand, walk or sit for varying lengths of time.
5. Efficiently operate a calculator, computer and laser printer.
6. Lift objects weighing approximately ten (10) pounds.
Remington is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, independent hotel management company with over 35 years of experience in the hospitality business....