GENERAL FUNCTION: Works under minimal supervision while performing various clerical and system related tasks. Support staff for the Loss Mitigation group, which resolves defaulted real estate loans. Files worked could relate to early, mid or late stages (up to charge-off) of delinquency including loss mitigation, bankruptcy pre charge-off, and charge-off and recovery collections. Analyst must maintain departmental, investor and legal guidelines and is required to utilize multiple systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel is essential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures data integrity is accurate by auditing remittances received from borrowers and attorneys. While serving as a liaison with Consumer Loan Operations Department.
• Responsible for all Loss Mitigation outgoing mail, incoming fax retrieval, group voice mail distribution and monitoring of group email box for the department.
• Posts transactions in computer files and updates files when needed.
• Completes filing and audit checks of completed Loss Mitigation files.
• Creates and maintains reports, spreadsheets records and logs and distributes them to management.
• Reviews Loss Mitigation workout accounts for loan modification changes. Coordinates corrections and adjustments through Consumer Loan Operations.
• Performs research on consumer credit information, updating the credit bureau when necessary to ensure accurate reporting on Loss Mitigation completed files.
• Coordinates with Consumer Lending Recovery Department in Grand Rapids the exchange of agreements and repayment plans on deficiency balances.
• Resolves complex problem requests received, referring only highly complex requests to the Supervisor.
• Communicates issues, as needed, to management team.
• Prioritizes activities to meet workload demands.
• Records all completed tasks via the collection system.
• Successfully completes assigned projects using business-related applications such as CACS, Access and/or Excel.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED: * High school diploma or equivalent. * Minimum one year of clerical experience within the legal or collections field. * Working knowledge of collection processes and procedures. * Knowledge of Fair Debt Collections Practices Act. * Excellent oral and written communication skills. * Strong attention to detail. * Strong focus on time management and ability to handle multiple job functions. * Strong knowledge of the keyboard, personal computers, and various software packages.
Fifth Third Bank - 2 years ago
Fifth Third Bank is The curious bank. We are one of the top-performing banks in the country with a more-than-150-year heritage of success...