Senior Statistical Programmer/Analyst |
Harvard School of Public Health
USA - MA - Boston
Health Policy and Management
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Statistical Programmer/Analyst who has extensive experience and advanced knowledge of statistical programming, analysis and large scale data with a focus on claims data. This individual will be working in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team, interacting with faculty (physicians and social scientists), research assistants and other programmers to provide comprehensive data management / analysis support for a variety of projects and personnel. Typical team projects include studies related to quality measurement, access to care, and health care reform.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organizes, maintains and manages data used in large research studies from multiple sources;
- Independently designs analytical databases and maintains the integrity of the databases, including merging of multiple datasets and data manipulation to perform statistical analysis;
- Manages large data sets involving multiple years of data;
- Independently provides statistical analyses for multiple projects including multiple logistic and linear regression, longitudinal analysis, hierarchical models, and survey analysis;
- Collaborates with faculty and statisticians on analytical objectives.
The Senior Programmer will assist in creating a database infrastructure while assisting study staff to create analytic datasets and reports.
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please also provide sample SAS Code. For questions, please contact Jie Zheng, Senior Research Statistician, at email@example.com.
Please note: This is a grant-funded position through 2/1/2014.
- Master’s degree or higher in statistics or related field required
- At least 7 years programming experience with claims data required
- Experience with high-level programming using SAS or STATA required
- PhD preferred;
- Advanced skills/experience with statistical programming and data management;
- Advanced knowledge of statistical research methodology/principles. Knowledge of SUDAAN and UNIX preferred;
- High level of organization and attention to detail, superior communication skills, ability to summarize/interpret complex analyses, strong deductive reasoning skills, and ability to maintain detailed documentation of data management and programming work;
- Comfort with UNIX and Windows/DOS operating system; comfort working with multiple PIs and multiple projects at the same time.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join HSPH to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!