Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 43 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 46 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
National Audubon Society is seeking several temporary workers to serve as weekend exhibit coordinators for the Audubon exhibit at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival scheduled from March 7 through May 20, 2012. Coverage is needed for the backyard birding exhibit on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the show. Selected workers will not be expected to cover every weekend.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Review and become knowledgeable of the materials and information supporting the exhibit content
- Participate in a one-hour web training program about the exhibit content
- Staff the exhibit developed by Epcot for National Audubon Society
- Talk to guests attending the show regarding Audubon and backyard birding
- Share with guests different ways to engage with Audubon
- Represent Audubon in a positive manner
- Keep the exhibit space clean and tidy
- Knowledge of Audubon is required
- Experience in birding and developing background habitats is preferred
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to talk to guests confidently about Audubon and backyard birding
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment (stools and covered umbrella will be provided)
National Audubon Society, Inc. - 2 years ago
National Audubon Society is committed to conserving and restoring natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit...